Physics 2-23-24 Pascal’s Law

PHYSICS: Did you realize that fluids could produce that much force? Make’s you wonder at the awesome way God designed those beautiful under water sea creatures to withstand so much pressure, doesn’t it? This little creature is a lionfish from the waters of Lembeh, Indonesia.

Here’s the lecture on Pascal’s law and hydraulics and the like.

Physics 2-27-17 Pascal's Law from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

flickr photo by CW Ye

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 thoughts on “Physics 2-23-24 Pascal’s Law

1. Similar to the features of the northern and southern lights, a purple glow of light was spotted in the sky. They named it STEVIE or Strong Thermal Emission Velocity Enhancement. Sciencetists figured it could be a stable auroral red arch. This phenomenon affects satellite signals and seems to be powered by a “river of charged particles rushing through the atmosphere”. However, scientists are still unsure how STEVIE’s purple glow is created. This non-auroral phenomenon is still being studied by scientists to understand the enigma of its strange light.
    (https://www.snexplores.org/article/airglow-steve-confusing-complex-physics-sky-glow)

2. A clinical study has found that the weight loss-inducing drug liraglutide can reduce opioid addiction. The drug creates a feeling of fullness in the brain and body, decreasing cravings for not only food, but harmful substances such as nicotine, opioids, and heroin. Liraglutide was tested on volunteers from an opioid treatment center over the course of 19 days; while it caused nausea in some patients when taken at high levels, smaller doses reduced desire for opioids by 30%. Researchers hope to perform more studies with similar drugs to liraglutide in order to collect more data on their effectiveness.
    https://www.sciencenews.org/article/weight-loss-drug-addiction-opioid-disorder

3. Astronomers have discovered a new entity that is supposedly circling around a pulsar in our galaxy 40,000 light years away from Earth. This was discovered by the MeerKAT Radio Telescope which carefully monitoring pulsars and can sense the presence of another object by observing the very minute variations in the beams arrival to the satellite because the pulsars send out powerful radioactive beams. They don’t know what it is but they suspect it might be a neutron star, small black hole, or a never before seen space object!
    https://www.sciencenews.org/article/enigma-pulsar-companion-mass-ticks

4. I think that my triumph that I have had/been having is managing my work and staying ahead and on top of whatever I can! I think that this has been going pretty well for me.

5. This week i triumphed by first off completing my web post. Secondly i was doing the lab wrong on Monday, but once miss.skinner corrected me i was able to get it done efficiently.

6. This week has been a fun week for physics! We were able to make a short movie with the hydraulic robots and learned about pressure in fluids. I am grasping what we have learned so far, and hopefully I’ll do well on the test.

7. This week was very chill. I appreciated slowing down and taking everything in rather than jumping into a new lesson immediately. I had tons of fun and i’m looking forward to many weeks like it in the future.

8. This week was a much needed slower pace. The video we had to record was actually so much fun i’m so excited about that! i think overall it was a good week.