Chemistry 2-7-24 More About the Activity Series & Single Replacement Reactions Pt 1

CHEMISTRY: Great job applying the activity series to synthesis and decomposition reactions! As you practice, go back and check the activity series and your notes on the activity series!

HW UPDATE: Add #28 to your homework. If you didn’t do #28, you can bring it to me tomorrow.

Also, good start with single replacement reactions. We’ll finish them tomorrow. Super important – ALWAYS check the activity series!!

We’ve done 11 or 12 so far – how are you doing on memorizing them?! Careful though, don’t just memorize. Make sure you can apply them as well. When you start to work any equation, first determine what type of reaction it is, then figure out what rule applies and follow it to determine the products. I believe in you! You can do it!!

Photo by Andrey Svistunov on Unsplash

7 thoughts on “Chemistry 2-7-24 More About the Activity Series & Single Replacement Reactions Pt 1

1. I listened good in class this week and learned more things quicker. I made sure to workout all examples and not just copy the work down.

• Something I triumphed this week was applying the previous knowledge of the common substances/acids and knowing them off the top of my head instead of having to look at my notes.

2. Something I triumphed in this week was taking better notes. This week i really focused on understanding the material taught, and focusing and concentrating on the material.

3. This week, I feel like I have been doing better in class and taking good notes. Because we have new rules to memorize I have been doing better in class to try to memorize them better.

4. One thing I triumphed in this week is taking better notes and actively engaging in the discussions in class rather than just listening and writing. This helped me recognize what I know , will help me in being more confident in the test , and shows me what I need to study more.

5. I did well with taking notes and participating in class when we were doing practice problems. This helped me when I did my homework because i understood what was doing.