Chemistry 1-25-24 Describing Chemical Reactions

CHEMISTRY: So you learned last semester how to determine if a chemical reaction has taken place. How would you go about describing a chemical reaction to someone? Here’s our discussion from today on writing balanced chemical equations!

HW UPDATE: On The Physics Classroom assignment for tonight, you do not have to do the last part – Chemical Reaction types. You only have to do Balancing Chemical Equations – complete only 2 levels: Apprentice and Wizard

First step in writing equations? Make sure you can write chemical formulas! First step to that? Memorization!!

So tell me again – how do you know if a chemical reaction has occurred?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

33 thoughts on “Chemistry 1-25-24 Describing Chemical Reactions

1. I rate myself a 3. I rate myself this because even though I have been doing my work. I have not been doing it to my full potential.

2. I would rate myself a 7 out of 10. While I’ve made some progress at managing my time more efficiently, I’ve only really scratched the surface of how I could better manage my time and get more things done, such as studying.

3. I would rate myself 4 out of 5 stars. For one I am taking better notes and getting a better understanding of lessons and two, while I am doing better about completing my homework, I did happen to forget one webpost that could have easily been avoided.

4. this week i would rate myself a 3/5 stars because i need to catch up on make up work but i also need to keep on track of the assignments for the rest of the week so i can stay on top and catch up on all my assignments.

5. Overall, I would rate myself a 7/10 so far this semester. I think that have been more attentive in class, but less attentive to homework so I should and will try better to balance both in class and at-home work.

6. This week I would give myself an 8.5/10. I think I did good in the lab and understood balancing chemical equations well.

7. For this semester so far I would give myself a 3 out of 5 stars. Even though I have been getting my homework finished on time, I still have not given myself enough time to study for tests.

8. I would rate myself 3.5 out of 5 stars this semester so far because I have improved by taking better notes in class and trying to apply them on the homework which has tremendously helped , but I did catch myself overestimating what I remembered from before the snow break , when instead I should have reviewed all of the content thoroughly.

9. I would rate myself a 6 out of ten. This is because I have made a lot of progress from first semester. However I still make a lot of mistakes.

10. I would rate myself a 4 out of 5 because I have been staying on task and completing my homework. I will continue to keep this up to ensure I have good grades the rest of the semester.

11. This week i rate myself a 4/5 because i mostly understand what we are doing. I have made a lot of progress since the first semester. Ive also been taking better notes which helps me on any homework.

12. This week I would give myself a 4 out of 5. I was able to understand and complete my homework on time and complete the lab in time.

13. This week I would rate myself a 4 out of 5. This week I was able to complete the lab and understand how to balance equations and finish all my work.

14. I would rate myself a 3 out of 5 since I did well on the labs and prepared well for the test but I could have put more effort into my homework.

15. I rate myself a 3. I coulda done better at learning how to do write formulas in the beginning of the year, so that is causing me to be set back from learning what we are learning now. So this week has been a little struggle learning, but i am catching on.

16. I rate myself a 3 out of ten. I didn’t properly prepare for the test. I also am no good at writing chemical formulas. I need to focus and spend more time on chemistry.

17. I rate myself a 2 out of 5 stars. I did not prepare for the test very well but i am getting better at balancing chemical equations.

18. I would give myself a 6/10 i didn’t take very efficient notes this week but I feel like I prepared well for the test. I need to listen better in class and be more efficient.

19. I would rate myself a 5/10 because I am understanding the stuff that we learn fairly quickly but I do not study as hard as I could for tests.

20. This week I rate myself a 5 out of 10. because i think i can do a better job preparing for the test and i also missed a lab that i need to make up.

21. I would rate my progress 3/5 stars this semester. I’ve been able to grasp concepts better from reviewing notes after school and working on homework with my notes sitting beside me.

22. For this semester I would rate myself a 3/10 because I’ve had a rocky start with homework grades and I didn’t prepare myself well enough for the test this Tuesday.

23. I rate myself a 3 out of 5 so far this semester. I figured out some better ways to study. I also have done better in the lab and have been getting done faster. I’m doing pretty well with balancing equations, but still need to practice more.

24. I would rate myself a 3 out of five, even though i really understand the balancing equations. I have not put enough time into studying for the test. I will study harder to be more prepared.

25. I would give myself a 4 out of 5, I did really good with the homework and taking notes in class, but I could have studied more for the test.

26. As I reflect on this week’s progress, I would rate myself a 6 out of 10 in terms of staying on top of my work and grasping the material. I’ve been consistently engaged and have a fair understanding of the concepts we’ve covered. However, I acknowledge there’s room for improvement to be prepared for what’s ahead.

27. This week I would rate myself a 2/5. I forgot to do some things and can catch myself getting behind. Hopefully next week will be better

28. I would rate myself a 3/5, I could have studied a lot better for the test this week, but I think I did well on the lab and homework

29. I rate myself a 3/5 for this week. I should have studied and done much better on the test. I think i did well with ballancing chemical equations though.

30. I would rate myself a 3/5 this week because I know somewhat what we’re doing but am a little confused on certain parts.