Chemistry 11-5-20 Graphing Exercise 1 Recap

CHEMISTRY: How’d you do with your Google Sheets or Excel graphs yesterday? Make double dog sure you followed the instructions that I gave you in the video. I won’t accept your graph if you didn’t! Below is our overview of good and bad graphs – great stuff to check your graphs with!!

Today I’ll be checking your rough draft of Graph J in class. While you are waiting, you can be working Graph K or getting a head start on the questions for the Graphing Exercise 1. Questions must be typed, but Question A can be scanned.Have you thought about how you are going to answer question A? Could you use what you know about scanning??? Hmmm…..

And now, it’s time to put it all together! IMPORTANT: Check the project sheets for the exact order of how you turn in everything!! After you assemble everything in a doc, then make sure the heading and title are correct on the first page (do this like you would a lab report). Finally, you’ll save it as a PDF and turn it in two both your Google Drive Shared folder and turnitin.com.

It must be submitted by this Friday, November 6, 8:00 A.M. Again, check the Project sheets for the exact order of how you turn in everything!!ame>

83 thoughts on “Chemistry 11-5-20 Graphing Exercise 1 Recap

1. This week I struggled with putting the information on the right section on the graphs. I plan to rewatch the video and reread the sheet in order to help remember what information goes where.

2. This week I struggled with getting the right number of major/minor gridlines on the graph. I will fix this problem by rewatching the video and then by just using my brain to figure out which number is the best to use.

• This week I struggled with getting the right number of major/minor gridlines on the graph. I will fix this problem by rewatching the video and then by just using my brain to figure out which number is the best to use.

3. This week I struggled with the minor gridlines on a graph and figuring how many i would need inbetween each major gridline. I fixed this by asking about it and watching the video.

4. I struggled this week with the legend on graph K. I plan to practice more and watch the videos where I may have overlooked something.

5. This week I struggled with time management. Not only did I waste way too much time getting sidetracked while doing the homework, but I also started way too late at night. In order to fix this, I will make sure I completely focus in when doing the homework by eliminating distractions such as the tv until I am completely done with all of my work.

6. I struggled this week on making sure I met all of the requirements on the graphs. I will fix this by paying closer attention to the instructions and to class. Videos will help me improve and so will practice and time.

7. I struggled this week on making sure I met all of the requirements on the graphs. I will fix this by paying closer attention to the instructions and to class. Videos will help me improve and so will practice and time.

8. This week I struggled with staying focused and not letting outside factors like how busy I may be affect my level of attention in class as well as focus on quizzes. I will fix this by clearing up more of my schedule to study as well as get more rest on school nights so I have enough energy to get through the day.

9. This week I have been struggling and Graphs and how to make them. But after your help and going over them and checking them with me I have gotten better at fixing them.

10. This week I struggled with putting the correct number of major or minor gridlines on the graph. I will fix this problem by rewatching the video and doing more practice graphs.

11. This week I’ve struggled with what information to use for graphs and graphing. After going over them in class and practicing, I have improved my skills and will continue to listen in class to get better.

12. This week I struggled with starting homework/studying later than I should because of outside influences. To fix this, I am going to try to start homework earlier and not let outside resources distract me.

13. This week I have struggled with doing graphs. Since I rewatched the video a few times I’m starting to understand it better.

14. This week I struggled with making sure the gridlines and the trend line were correct. I watched the videos a couple of times to help me.

15. This week I struggled with focusing on my homework. I kept getting distracted, so next week I will try to find a quieter place and turn my phone off.

16. My main struggle has been remembering to do my web post because I have really busy recently. I will fix this by setting a reminder on my phone.

17. This week I struggled with starting homework and studying too late because of distraction of doing my homework and studying causing me to stay up later this week. I will fix this by, starting homework and studying earlier.

18. This week I struggled with time management. I should have studied the polyatomic ions earlier in the weekend, but I was busy so I kept putting it off and had to cram a few of them in. Next week I will make sure to get ahead on my assignments so that I do not leave them to be done the night before. I will try to use nights that I have less homework on to my advantage so that I can spread my homework load out.

19. This week I struggled with procrastinating on doing my homework and studying. To overcome this, I will try my best to do any homework ahead of time that I think I may not have time for later or may not want to do later.

20. This week i struggled on the graphs and knowing what to do. Next time i will look at the video and look over the nots before i fo it.

21. This week I struggled with procrastination. I didn’t have the motivation to do the graphs which put me in a bad spot towards the end of the week. I will fix this by staying engaged and focused while I do homework and during class.

22. This week I struggled with procrastination. I kept putting off the polyatomic ions quiz and underestimated how long it would take me to memorize them. However, with this upcoming pretest, I made sure that I started memorizing all of the acids, common substances, and rules well in advance. Also, I struggled with writing polyatomic ions. To get better at writing them, I am going to complete extra practices this weekend.

23. This week I struggled with my massive procrastination problem. I just put off all my work until the last minute. I will fix this problem by not doing that.

24. This week I struggled trying to remember do my webpost, and to not put off doing the graphs until the night before. I want to fix this by doing my stuff earlier and not puting it off until the last moment.

25. This week I struggled with turning things in the right way. I can fix this by thoroughly reading the instructions and following them.

26. This week i struggled with reading ahead on projects and being more prepared for assignments. I want to fix it by not putting off all my work and setting a better schedule throughout the week to be more prepared and less stressed.

27. This week, I struggled with knowing what Information to put on the X and Y axis. I will practice more to get better at it.

28. This week I struggled with parts of my graphing. The biggest issue was me not being able to identify my mistake or know exactly what I was missing to fix it. To fix this issue I am going to watch the video a few more time because like mentioned in class, we are relying on our memory for it after.

29. This week I struggled with making sure I had my graph the right way, but I’m going to start reading the directions more carefully to fix it.

30. This week I struggled. I struggled with correcting trend lines and over al making graphs. To fix this I will re watch the video and re read the web post.

31. This week I struggled with turning things in the right way, I can fix this by reading the instructions carefully and not just quickly read it

32. This week, I struggled with time management issues. I had a habit of letting other matters distract me from my homework time. Throughout the next couple of weeks, I will come up with a system that allows me to complete my homework and allows me to have a little rest time.

33. This week I struggled with fully understanding how to write different formulas and how to apply polyatomic ions. I will get better at learning these by practicing them as much as I can.

34. This week I would rate myself a 4/5. I made up both of my failed labs, so I am proud of my groups for our problem solving. I have a lot of work ahead of me this weekend in order to be able to finish my lab write ups, but I think I can do it. I understood this week’s topics really well, but this weekends homework will be the true test of my comprehension.

35. This week I struggled with fixing my graphs efficiently. I will fix this by watching the video more and not relying on myself.

36. I struggled with time management. I waited until the last minute to memorize polyatomic ions and it created unnecessary stress. I cannot allow myself to wait to the last minute for the pre test. I plan to fix this by setting self-restrictions on tv, phone, and music.

37. I struggled this week with the gridlines on the graphs that we made for the assignments. I will fix this by practicing more and not rushing through the graphs so a mistake is less likely.

38. I struggled this week with making my graph fit the criteria. I will fix this by following the directions more carefully.