Chemistry 11-16-16 One More Mole Problem & Moles of Chalk Lab

CHEMISTRY: Awesome art! And great job on the moles of chalk lab! You set a land speed record for finishing a lab. Good job!

Here is a review of one of the mole problems. At the end of the vodcast, there are instructions for the lab, just in case you were out today. By the way, the lab can be written up on a sheet of paper – just make sure that you present your data and calculations like a scientist would!
🙂

November16 1013 c2 2016 from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

52 thoughts on “Chemistry 11-16-16 One More Mole Problem & Moles of Chalk Lab

1. This week I would rate myself 3/5. I did well during the Moles of Chalk activity, but I am still struggling with some of the conversion factor problems from the homework. I will continue to practice some of these problems so that I am ready for the test next week.

• I would rate myself a 3/5 this week because I have been studying and practicing writing formulas and the Q formula. But I have also been making small mistakes that make me miss the whole problem. I think to prepare for the test I just need to keep practicing.

2. This week has been a bit off for me because of the play today and my little sister, but I think I did a good job keeping up in the notes and I’m doing better about getting my formulas just right.

3. This week I would rate myself a 4/5. I feel like I am starting to get good at working the problems and getting correct answers. My struggle this week would probably be me not labeling everything in the problem with units. Overall, I think this week was a success for me because I have learned a lot.

4. This week in Chemistry, I would rate myself a 3/5 stars. My lab partner and I got done very quickly with the Moles of Chalk Lab and understood it! We also applied what we had gone over for homework to find how many molecules were in a drop of actual water! I struggled this week with remembering to label everything in my conversion problems, but I have been practicing! I am happy with this week in Chemistry, but I want to do better next week!

5. This week I would rate myself a 3/5. I am understanding this week’s lessons but It’s been difficult to remember past lessons and apply them also. Although, I think I did well on the moles of chalk lab and I will study diligently this weekend for the test.

6. This week in chemistry i rate myself a 3/5 stars. My lab partner and i did the moles of chalk lab fast! we worked together and accomplished our goal. all the reviews this week helped me understand some of the things i was confused on and i watched the vodcasts to help me learn! i can improve on studying for tests sooner rather than procrastinating and waiting for it.

7. This week I would rate myself 4/5. I did alright in the lab and understood most of the material we went over. I struggled with remembering all the rules and exceptions, but by the end of the week I felt I learned more.

8. This week I finally got the conversion factor problems I feel like I excelled with the chalk lab and the computer assignment I rate myself a 4/5 stars on the week.

9. I would rate myself a 3/5 for this week. I think I am starting to understand all of the material from chapter 7 a lot better, and the homework this week has made it very helpful in understanding how to find molar mass, molecules, and how to use avagadro’s number. I also feel that my lab partner and I did very well on the Chalk Activity this week.

10. I rate myself 3 out of 5 stars for this week. The Newton’s Law Project was such a fun way to apply what we know about Newton’s Laws! Putting my collection of 168 bouncy balls to use and proving Newton’s 3rd Law made my heart so happy. The forces review worksheet really helped me as I reviewed for our Chapter 4 test. I studied hard, especially focusing on how and why I needed to work the problems the way that we did in class. I felt a lot more at peace about this test than I have for our past ones, but I know that I still could have done better. There were a couple things that just totally slipped my mind while I was taking the test even though we had gone over them so many times. And, I still need to push myself to work faster because I wasn’t able to work out all 5 problems. Hopefully, with enough practice and confidence, I will be able to completely finish the next test!

11. This week has been good and bad for me. I think I have done well on the labs but my pre-test grade was disheartening. I think I am confident with the moles and molecules though and hope to excel at that and get good grades on that part of the chapter.

12. I would rate myself a 4/5 stars this week because I understood everything but I still don’t know all of the common substances

13. This week I felt I didn’t struggle as much as the other weeks. I finally got how to do the Q formula and calculating mols and molecules. I would rate myself a 4.5/5 this week because I’m getting better with the Q formula and I’m correcting all of my mistakes when converting.I had trouble with remembering Sig Figs and putting units.I could always improve by learning how to apply the things I learned faster. For example , I learned how to calculate how many mols of chalk are in my name, but I had trouble setting up my equation. However , I ended up with the right work and answer.

14. This week I would rate myself a 3/5. I wasn’t understanding everything we were doing but I came to ask you a question about it before school and you helped me understand it a lot better.

15. I rate myself a 3/5 this week. I struggled with all of the homework problems but I did well with doing the chemical formula review.

16. This week I feel like did better on understanding how to convert moles, grams and molecules. I rate myself a 4/5 on doing the problems and feel like I did better going to the end of the week.

17. This week I struggled with the Q formula but I understand everything else we’ve done. Me and my lab partner did good on the lab this week but I learned to always keep my work neat so you will accept them. I would rate myself a 4/5 for the week.

18. This week I would give myself a 3/5 because of the quiz it showed me what I needed more practice over. I really enjoyed the lab it gave us more practice on how to work the problems and I am going to continue to study for the test Monday

19. I give myself a 3 out of 5 becuase I don’t understand the Q formula well. I did do good in class and my pretest. Also me and my partner were the first ones done and made no mistakes on the lab

20. This week I would give myself a 2/5. I don’t really understand the Q formula or the converting moles and molecules. This is why I would give myself a 2/5.

21. This week I would rate myself a 4/5 because I have gotten a lot better at finding miles, molecules, and grams with the QS formula.

22. My success this week was understanding how to do the q formula because I was struggling with it earlier. I also triumphed when we found how many moles of chalk are in our name and also finding how many molecules is in a drop of water. One thing that I need to work on is reading instructions.

23. this week, id rate myself a 3/5. i’m starting to get the material more and it’s getting easier to me. the chemical formula writing is still a little hard but i’m getting the hang of it. so far, not too bad of a week.

24. My triumph this week was chemical formulas and the Q formula. I understood when to cross over in chemical formulas and I also knew which conversion factors to use when trying to find the mole, gram, or molecules of a certain formula.

25. This is week was good. I appreciate the extra time we had in class to go over the problems and review that was very helpful. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week. Something i am struggling with is the math but i will take the time over the weekend to perfect it.

26. This week I would rate myself a 4.5/5. My triumph this week was I did really well with the Moles of Chalk Lab, speaking of I have really enjoyed doing these labs where we have to figure things out on our own it gives me more confidence in my capabilities, especially if I’m struggling with another topic in chemistry. I was really struggling with the mole conversion problems but after attending the help session, the homework, and the extra help today I feel quite confident about them.

27. This week I would rate myself 4/5 stars I did very well with the new conversions and math problems. I also did very well on the mini labs we did this week. My only struggle is I’m having trouble really memorizing the many rules for oxidation number with polyatonic ions and such

28. This week in chemistry we learned how to convert between moles, grams, atoms, and molecules. I struggled at first with converting and knowing where to put the numbers in the Q formula but after today’s review I’ve gotten better. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week.

29. i would rate myself 4/5 stars this week because i completed all my work but i’m still struggling with all of the memorization.

30. This week in chemistry I learned how to convert from moles, molecules, and grams. I struggled at first with writing the formulas but by the end of the week I got a lot better. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week.

31. This week in chemistry I would rate myself a 4/5. Earlier in the year i really struggled with the Q formula but as we are going over it now, i am proud of how i am doing with it. My struggle, however is still the chemical formulas.

32. This week I would rate myself a 3/5 I really struggled with the Q formula but as I practiced I got better but I do still struggle with the chemical formulas and oxidation numbers.

33. This week I rate myself a 3/5. I struggled with the Q formula and had to practice on them but I think I’ve got it now. Another thing I struggle with is all the oxidation rules.

34. Struggle: I had trouble with the formula mass problem at the beginning of the week.
    Triumph: I learned the information by the end of the week and did good on the quia.

35. This week I feel that i got a good understanding on moles, molecules and molar mass. I took good notes, which will help me in the long run. I also did well on the quia quiz which will help as well

36. This week, I would rate myself a 4/5. I excelled at the moles of chalk lab, but still need to practice some conversion factors. Overall, I feel confident going into this text next week.

37. This week in chemistry I would rate myself a 4 to 5 I did very good while taking the test early I prepared myself very well for all the different things I need to memorize such as the polyatomic ion’s and the acids. I also did very good on the take-home lab and finished it rather quickly.

38. This week in chemistry I would rate myself a 3/5. I understand moles and formula units very good but I’ve been struggling with my common names and acids memorization. This weekend I’m going to memorize the common names and acids for the test on Monday

39. This week I would rate myself a 3/5. I understand moles and formula units very good but I’ve been struggling with my common names and acids memorization. This weekend I’m going to memorize the common names and acids for the test on Monday

40. This week I would rate myself a 3/5. I was able to good on the conversion factors. However I am still struggling with memorizing the polyatomic ions, acids, and common names. Also, my lab partners and I were successful on the chalk lab.

41. This week Iaoild rage myself a 3/5 because I have done great with the math parts of the chemistry problems, but I still have a slight bit of trouble with memorizing acids and common names of substances. I also did great in the chalk lab.

42. Rate: 3/5
    This week I feel as though I succeded in using the information that I had previously learned and applying it to the new problems. When using the conversion formula and the memorization of the acids and ionic compounds, I was proud of myself for being able to accomplish this once it was all put together. Also I was proud of me and my lab partners for coming up with a plan and following through with it right away after given a question and asked to solve it.

43. this week i would rate myself a 4/5. i’ve been catching on to everything very quickly! i forgot a few things but with review and help session, i remembered it all again easily. i did well on the chalk activity as well. i need to work on some of my memorization but other than that i would say this has been a good week for me!

44. I felt really good about this week. I was a little nervous because I had missed class because of other school activities, but I figured it out and actually understand it. I learned this week how to go from grams-moles-molecules. My triumph was remembering the Q formula, and understanding how to use it this time.

45. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week. At first I struggled with chemical formulas and converting miles to grams but I feel by the end of the week I fully understand how to do it. Also I feel I did really well on the test.

46. Sniper gang, Kodak
    Cause I got it by myself
    Skrrt, skrrt, aye, skrrt, skrrt (skrrt, skrrt)
    Free lil Kodak man, free lil tap boy, yee

47. This week in chemistry I struggled with calculations but with practice was able to figure it out. I still need to study the oxidation rules. Still enjoying chemistry!