Chemistry 4-10-24 Properties of Radioactive Isotopes

CHEMISTRY: So ordinarily it looks like just any old hunk of rock, but this is a picture of uranium ore under UV light. Pretty cool, huh?!? Here’s our beginning discussion of the unique properties of radioactive nuclides. And as a bonus, this vodcast has a head start at looking at nuclear equations. Woohoo!!

Below the lesson vodcast is a look at some of the homework questions involving binding energy, neutron to proton ratio and nuclear stability – #48, 9, 10, and 11. These would make great test discussion/problems! Be sure and distinguish between light and heavy isotopes!

Nuclear Stbility HW

Photo by Keagan Henman on Unsplash

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

5 thoughts on “Chemistry 4-10-24 Properties of Radioactive Isotopes

1. I rate my self a 3/5 on the Lost in Danakil Depression project because I have met all my deadlines and I’m almost done with the whole project. I have cited all my sources and I have a lot of slides which is good. I need to get my two book sources so that I won’t get counted off and forget.

2. I rate myself a 3/5 on the Lost project. I have kept up with deadlines, but I still have a long way to go before I am done. I plan on working hard for the last few days to finish up the project.

3. I would rate myself a 3/5 starts because I am doing the required work but nothing else. I plan to work ahead and stay unstressed.

4. I would rate myself a 3/5 for the project. I’ve been doing good about turning the phases in on time but I wait till the last minute to do them so I plan to start the last phase earlier so I’m not stressed out the night before.

5. I would rate myself a 3/5 on the Lost project. I keep waiting until the last minute to do each of the phases, and I keep taking my time for granted, but I’m going to work on it a lot on Friday and this weekend so I am not so stressed out.