Physics 12-6-22 Chapter 5 Conceptual Review & Such

PHYSICS: God bless you as you study for your test!! Here’s our conceptual review from today and a couple of potential energy problems – the bow and arrow problem and the pogo stick.

God bless you as you prepare!

Photo by Matt Bowden on Unsplash

14 thoughts on “Physics 12-6-22 Chapter 5 Conceptual Review & Such

1. This semester I would rate myself a 4 out of 5 stars. I was able to get all my homework done on time and do all of my web posts. I used my old labs to fix mistakes I made in the past, and that brought my lab grades up. However, I am struggling with the concept problems. I will improve with those by doing physics classroom and watching Hewitt Drewitt and Julius Sumner Miller.

2. This semester I would rate myself a 4/5. I have stayed on top of my work and have not missed any assignments or web posts. I have really enjoyed the labs and have been able to complete my lab reports without having to cram the night before. I have done well on the tests so far, but there is still always room for improvement. I will try to study more in advance for the tests next semester so I will be more comfortable on the test and will finish quicker.

3. I would rate myself a 4/5 for this semester. I was just a little bit really bad at the very beginning of the year, but I sort of figured things out at least up to this point. I succeeded in not dying this week which is an absolute major accomplishment because this week was absolutely horrible, and my life would have been infinitely better had it not existed at all. While I gained traction by the end of the semester, a two/three week period of time is not necessarily conducive to my actual performance given that the first 15 weeks were not so good, so I must continue to study like I have been recently while also finding new ways to learn because the material could potentially get more difficult than this.

4. This semester I rate myself 5/5. I was proud of how hard I worked. I may not have the best grade in the class…actually I may have the worst. But I’m doing something new and hard and I’m actually passing. That’s something I am proud of. I can’t wait for another semester. Next semester my goal is to get an 85 on a test. I will try to do better on homework too.

5. This semester I would rate myself a 2 out of 5 in physics because I have constantly been behind and playing catch up especially in these past 2 weeks. I feel like at times I did my best but other times I have minimal effort and because of this my grades have not been exactly what they normally are. I want to give more effort next semester and try to have a B average which is going to require me to change the way I study and prepare for test and I need to be more careful on lab reports.

6. I would rate myself a 4/5 stars for the semester. I managed to pretty much stay on top of all of the homework. However, I often times found myself crunched on time, specifically for labs. Even though I would finish them, much of my nights before they were due would be spent trying to do them.

7. I would rate myself a 4/5 for this semester. The start of the year was a little rocky with homework and labs, but I was quickly able to learn and understand the material. Although test scores weren’t the best, I definitely improved throughout the semester with study habits and making sure I know how to do the problems. Next semester, my goal is to perfect my study habits in order to adapt to new topics and existing ones, and I hope to do better on the multiple choice section of the test.

8. This semester I would rate myself a 3/5. I was very busy between extracurriculars and schoolwork. I especially struggled with Physics and Precal, but I do believe the work and hardships are worth it. Next semester I want to be more comfortable with my grade and do better in both classes

9. I would rate myself 5/5 stars. My grades have been great, and ultimately it wasn’t as stressful as chemistry. I think this is because I had previous exposure to physics. I was stressed at points, but it was usually because of theater. If I had to make one improvement, it would be to try harder on hw.

10. This semester, I would rate myself a 3/5. I think I did well keeping up with school in the first 9 weeks, but I started to struggle at the end of the second nine weeks after being out for Jamaica. I plan to work hard this week to catch up on concepts and put forth more study time next semester to make sure I don’t fall behind again.

11. This semester I would rant myself 3/5 stars. This class challenged me like in a way I’ve never been tested before and there were several times of struggle through the many weeks. At the same time, I feel like I’ve grown as a student and as a person because of the things I’ve learned about myself and how I learn. There were times that I didn’t understand the lesson and I can say that I wish my grade were higher on tests and my average but I know that I did my best and will get better. My goal for next semester is to manage my time I spend on physics and prepare ahead of time for tests so I don’t stress as much.

12. For this semester I rate myself 3.5/5 stars. I worked hard throughout the semester to get all of my assignments done in a timely manner, yet I allowed myself to feel the effects of stress way more than I should have. Because of everything going on this year, sometimes I let physics be placed on the back burner. I will make sure to do a better job of handling stress and keeping school first next semester.

13. This semester, I would rate myself 4/5 stars. At the beginning of the year, I quickly realized that disappointment was inevitable, and I had to cope with it in order to improve myself. In the past, I have struggled with being upset with anything less than an A, but physics taught me that I simply cannot let myself get upset. Despite rockiness at the beginning of the year, after figuring out the nature of the course, I was able to resolve some challenges. Even though my successes started to accumulate throughout the semester, the behind the scenes consisted of many late nights due to mass procrastination and cram studying. It will be necessary for me to minimize these issues next semester, as I imagine that it will be more difficult.

14. I rate this semester a 5/5 because i feel like I grew as a character and a scientist. this class is very different from every other class i’ve taken and i finally feel like i’m over the wall in between freshman year and the rest of high school .