10 thoughts on “Physics 1-31-22 Circular Motion

1. This week I would rate myself a 7/10, because I’ve started to see where all my improvement has gone this year. It took all the way until now, but I think that in most ways I am finally caught up to the rest of the class. However my test grades are still booty.

2. A struggle that I had this week was most definitely the king of the hill race. When I did a practice round of my car before the race, it ran perfectly fine, but when it came time to actually race, my car decided to quit on me and just sat there. It ran fine on flat ground afterwards, so I’m not entirely sure what the problem was or what I could have done differently to fix it. I was able to get it to partially go up the hill after class so that’s better than it just sitting there.

3. A struggle for me this week was definitely just what we are currently learning. Circular motion is extremely confusing for me, more so than any other stuff that has been confusing in the past. I am also still a little confused about torque, and the worksheet relating to that that was due Monday was a big challenge for me. Overall, my struggle right now is just feeling very lost, but I plan on just reviewing whenever I can in order to make sure I can fully grasp the concepts we’re learning. I also am going to rework any torque/circular motion problems that baffled me. I know with some more practice it will eventually get a little clearer, so I am not panicking.

4. A struggle for me this week has been circular motion, both conceptually and mathematically. I feel as though I don’t completely understand it so I’m not always using the right numbers in the formulas. I am getting better at torque, but it still has the tendency to confuse me at times. But my major struggle currently is circular motion in its entirety. I know that as we learn more and practice it should start to make more sense, but right now it is only confusing me.

5. I rate myself a 2/5 this week. I feel like I pretty much understand what we’re learning with circular motion, and I actually like it, but torque stuff is still confusing me a lot. I feel like I get the concepts, but knowing how to draw some of the diagrams and set up the problems is confusing to me, so I will end up getting the problems wrong. Also, the car was a massive failure this week, but at least it is over.

6. A struggle for myself this week would have to be being able to consistently understand and apply the concepts that we learn in class to the various question and problems we have in our homework. There are certain things I understand and can solve problems for easily, but then others I still oftentimes find myself easily confused and messing up simple parts of the problem. I will try to nail down everything this weekend and prepare well for the test next week. One other struggle I am facing right now is procrastination due tomorrow these two snow days. I have gotten too relaxed and I need to motivate myself ti work just a tad on physics tomorrow and Sunday.

7. This week I read a science article in the article about a new immune therapy treatment that has helped to patients stay cancer free and fight cancer cells for over ten years. Doctors used the patients own genetically modified immune cells to fight the leukemia that the patients had. This could be a large step in the long fought battle against cancer, however, this treatment will not work for everybody.

8. This week I’d rate myself a 2/10. I don’t know why, but this week I don’t feel like I did very good. I didn’t beat anyone in the king of the hill project, and I only came second in speed. Second is first loser, and I don’t like being the first loser.

9. R-Rate

This week I rate myself a 1/5. I have not really done anything remotely well this week. The car competition was not good, and I wish I had known certain things ahead of time and prepared differently, but oh well. I am also not doing too hot on problems. I sort of understand the conceptual stuff, but then again, I am probably wrong. I will work to get better, but also, I am currently just trying to graduate. 🙂

10. I rate myself a 2/5 this week. I’m kinda confused in the circular motion problems. Not finishing homework’s and giving up when the problems become more complex doesn’t really help that much either. I did do good in the king of the hill however which was nice. But also missing two days didn’t really help me improve anywhere and I just enjoyed doing nothing instead.