Hon Chemistry 10-14-20 Energy, Heat & Temperature

HON CHEMISTRY: Great discussion today on the difference in heat and energy! Can you apply what you know? So why did that paper cup of water not burn in the Bunsen burner flame? Do you think we could have really boiled water? Hmmmm…..

Photo by Huper by Joshua Earle on Unsplash

11 thoughts on “Hon Chemistry 10-14-20 Energy, Heat & Temperature

1. my goal is to finish this quarter with an A in Chemistry and to meet that goal i will study harder and be more thorough on lab write ups

2. My goal this quarter is to have no zeroes because I forgot to do an assignment . In order to accomplish this, I will double check everyday to make sure everything is completed.

3. My goal this quarter is to continue to put in the same or more effort for chemistry that I did last term and to remember to post my web post every week so I don’t get a zero. The way I will do this is I will use my planner to adequately plan for assignments so I will not have to cram at the last second and I will think my web post is due on Thursday so I will never forget to do it.

4. My goal this quarter is to always be prepared for class rather than showing up and finding out right before we begin. I will do this by checking the syllabus frequently and reviewing the proper material the night before.

5. My goal for this term is to make sure I am prepared for all of the labs. I will accomplish this goal by not just reading over the lab sheets, but by thinking through the processes and steps I will need to take in order to be as successful as possible during the lab.

6. My goal this term is to be more efficient with my work. I’ve realized that I spend more time doing assignments than they should actually take because I am not completely focused when I do them. In order to accomplish this, I will remove any distractions such as my phone or the TV when I am working. If I do this, I won’t lose any time I could be using on other assignments because I was wasting it by not staying focused.

7. My goal for this term is to do extra science in the news. I will accomplish this by doing the extra credit in the middle of the term instead of waiting. I will also keep any articles I find on my own so that it will be easier to be motivated to do an assignment on a topic I am very interested in rather than one I am marginally interested in.

8. My goal for this nine weeks is to be more efficient with my work and be better prepared for class each day. I will do this by spending less time on simpler subjects, using my study halls wisely, working ahead, and improve on not getting distracted. To be more prepared I will continue to be organized using my planner, staying updated on the syllabus, and keeping track of what needs to be done for each class.

9. My goal is to be more efficient in note taking while at the same time making them far more extensive. I plan to write specific applications down while dabbling in shorthand that is still understandable. I am going to prepare prior to class by already having vocabulary written down and prior knowledge heading into class.

10. My goal for this term is to be more prepared for labs. i will do this by when I am reading my labs to plan it out before hand.

11. My goal for this term is to be more prepared and efficient. For labs, I will make sure that I not only read over the lab, but also that I think critically about the lab beforehand. For class, I will I start to write a brief outline of notes the night before, so that I’ll have more time in class for copying all the application material down. For chemistry homework, it is the upmost of importance for me to start wisely utilizing my study hall, so that I do not have to complete my it at home with distractions.