Physics 12-7-15 Impulse-Momentum Theorem

PHYSICS So that’s why you need good running shoes! Here’s the lecture on the intro to momentum and the impulse-momentum theorem. Did you understand the relationship between force and time? Let’s see if you can put it to practice tomorrow!

Have you looked at the syllabus? It may be really important – especially as pertains to future endeavors! πŸ™‚

Physics 12-7-15 Impulse-Momentum Theorem from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

Image sourece www.dhss.mo.gov/…/Images/momentum.jpg

_____________________________________________

11 thoughts on “Physics 12-7-15 Impulse-Momentum Theorem

1. Triumph: I think I understood the homework tonight! Momentum just ties together everything from the past chapters! Also, I can’t wait for another design challenge tomorrow. Hopefully I can speak this time.

2. Triumph: I think I have a really good understanding of the momentum problems, and I really enjoyed the application of the momentum principles through the egg drop challenge.

3. Triumph: Thankful I understood the topic of momentum so well due to our homework. It made the Egg Drop Challenge easier than I expected. Except that I have no aim haha!

4. I think our success in the Egg Drop Challenge was due to our extra cushioning in the landing pad. It gave the egg more time to slow down and decrease the impact on the shell.

5. I think the concepts of momentum and impulse are going to be very interesting to study. The egg drop challenge gave me a good start on understanding the concept. Also the instructions activity we did today in class was eye opening to see how we all thought of the same thing but in different ways.

6. Rate: For this week I give myself a 3/5. My egg dropping skills aren’t too great, but I still feel like I understand momentum! The design challenge was a cool application of what we’re learning. Now its time for A LOT of problem practicing for the exam!

7. Wow, it’s been a crazy week, and I’m glad I finally get to rest a little. The egg drop challenge was challenging, and I learned that sometimes the simplest looking deeigns are the most effective. Hopefully, exam review this weekend will be calm and stress-free. Good luck everyone as you study for your exam!

8. This week I have learned alot about designing equipment that will allow the egg to have more time to come to a stop and found the hardest part about it was aiming. I also enjoyed learning the introduction into momentum and how it brings back the formulas that we started with.

9. Application: This week, I thought about stopping at my stop sign and the momentum my car had leading up to the stop sign and the time it took to brake.

10. I’m glad we were able to experiment with the design challenge in order for us to apply the concepts of momentum and impulse. Our egg drop landing pad was successful because we let the egg have time to slow down so it wouldn’t have such a large impact when it came down.