Chemistry 12-9-15 Chapter 3 Overview & Practice

CHEMISTRY: God bless you as you study for your test! Here’s the overview of the test from today AND the vodcast below that is the help session from this morning.

Have you checked out the Chapter 3A Study Suggestion sheet on Edline? Great way to make sure you’ve covered everything!

Also, don’t forget about the video clips that I want you to watch if you didn’t see them in class – it’s a great way to review the scientists from the chapter and their experiments. Click here for the video on the Cathode Ray Tube Experiment that Thompson did, and also for the video clips that I want you to watch on The Discovery of the Electron and The Discovery of the Nucleus. All of these will be great tools in studying for the test!

Worst thing you can do? Just read over your notes – even if you do it a million times. Best thing to do? Practice! Take your notes and make practice test questions with different colored highlighters. Practice the memorization by making quizzes for yourself. Practice working the average atomic mass problems, practice using isotope symbols to find protons, neutrons, electrons, AND practice writing and naming chemical formulas! Good luck studying – I’ll be praying for you!

Wednesday Class:

Chemistry 12-9-15 Chapter 3 Overview from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

Image source Wordle.net

Wednesday Morning Help Session:

Chemistry 12-9-15 Help Session from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

flickr photo by IamNotUnique

50 thoughts on “Chemistry 12-9-15 Chapter 3 Overview & Practice

1. This week I believe that I learned a bunch of new information. I would rate my self a 3 out of 5. I felt that I could do Average Atomic mass problems very well and I understood everything we went over in class. I could have done my homework better this week and will strive to do better on it next time.

2. This week has been difficult for me because every class has given so much for us to finish the semester. I would give myself a 2/5 for the work I have given for this class. I am going to have to step it up for the exam because if I can get a good grade on this it will bring my grade up.

3. This week I rate myself a 4/5. I missed two homework assignments, but I took time to practice problems and study more efficiently for this weeks test as opposed to the test for Thanksgiving break, and I feel I did better on this test.

4. This week I would rate myself a 4/5. I felt that I understood everything that we learned this week. The average atomic mass problems were easy to do but you could easily make mental mistakes.

5. I feel that I have had a good week in chemistry. I did my homework, and I had fun doing the activity on Tuesday with the sock and can. I also feel like I actually passed the test that I just took. I understood the information that I had to learn for it. Tonight I need to finish my Science in the news and work on the exam review.

6. This week was a pretty successful week for me. I understood how to work average atomic mass questions on the test and I liked the can activity we did. I would rate myself a 4/5 for this week.

7. this week was a very busy week but I think I handled it quite well. I did all of my homework and understood it well. also, the activity we did in class Tuesday was very fun and different, I would like to do it again. this week I would rate myself a 7/10.

8. This week in chemistry I learned how to work average atomic mass problems. The material we covered this week was easy for me to understand. The can and sock activity was a creative way of understanding the model of an atom. I give myself a 4/5 for this week.

9. Struggle:
    This week my main struggle was managing my time and balancing all my classes, but I was able to study more efficiently for the test by playing the review games, reading the chapter summary out loud, quizzing myself with flashcards, and more ways that were recommended. Despite my struggle, I’m confident I made a better grade on this test than the previous one.

10. This week I would rate myself a 3 out of 5 because towards the end of the week I started to understand what we were learning. After some practice, the average atomic mass problems became easier and I started to learn how to study for test.

11. This week has been kinda hectic for me because I had to make up quite a bit of work but I had to learn about atoms in a matter of two days before the test but I give myself a 4 out of 5 because I caught on quick and my grade has came back up because of it

12. I rate my self a 3 out of 5 because I struggled with the isotopes this week before the test and then worked them and studied over them and seemed to grasp the idea the more I worked them.

13. Rate- I rate myself a 5 out of 10 this week, because i struggled with making observations, but after the sock and can lab i was able to think outside the box.

14. This week I studied efficiently and think I made a good grade. I learned how to work average atomic mass problems and who were the first people to deal with science. I would rate myself a 4 out of 5 because I understood everything we learned and I think I did well on the test yesterday.

15. This week I learned how to calculate average atomic mass. I liked it because I like doing the math part best. Also I think I did good on the test because I studied better than in the past. I give myself 4 stars.

16. This week was defiantly a crazy one especially with the test and all. I had a lot of fun with the can and sock lab thing. Next week is exams and i don’t think I’m entirely ready for them, so I’m gonna study hard over the weekend so i can do good next week. I would rate myself a 3/5 this week for not doing so well on all the homework.

17. This week wasn’t very hard except for the test. I feel like the study help and help session helped me do well on this test. I also enjoyed the can activity we had. I’ll rate myself 4/5

18. This week we learned about protons, neutrons, and electrons. I would rate myself 4/5 for this week. The can lab this week was really interesting on how when you shake the can you can’t tell what is in it just like with an atom,but once you could feel inside of it you could tell what it was. Atoms might be the smallest things in the world, but they sure are complicated to learn. I feel like I did well on the test I studied for 3 hours 2 nights in a row so it should pay off.

19. This week in chemistry I would rate myself 4/5 stars. I not only understood the material, but also was able to work the average atomic mass problems. The help sessions and study help helped me to understand the material more. Also, I enjoyed completing the sock and can activity.

20. Triumph: I feel like I studied pretty well for the test we had yesterday. I feel like I did pretty good on the test. I would rate myself a 3 out of 5 stars because I could have studied a little more and a little better. I think I might struggle this weekend with getting all the study guides done for all my class and start studying for the exams for next week.

21. I give myself a 5/5 this week because I feel like I truly understood everything well enough. But I’m not sure about my test yet. I also felt really good about the activity in class.

22. This week in chemistry we did the model of an atom lab with the sock and can. I discovered the identity of the items really quickly. I would rate myself a 5 out of 5.

23. This week I learned how to think like a scientist. We did the sock and can lab and it was educating to do work like a scientist would. I rate myself 4 out of 5 this week.

24. This week I would rate myself a 4 out of 5 because we mainly reviewed with the addition of a few new things. I believe that I did VERY well on my test too due to hours of stidying.

25. This week I learned how to calculate average atomc mass. It looked really difficult but once i learned how to do it it was really easy. I rate myself 5 out of 5 on average atomic mass

26. This week, I learned to think like a scientist. We did the sock and can lab and I think it helped me to learn more about how a scientist thinks and how I can actually think like a scientist. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week.

27. This week I would rate myself a 3 out of 5. I didn’t complete homework but I am positive I scored highly on the test we took. I understood this chapter very well and I studied very well too.

28. This week in chemistry I learned about the people that discovered the parts of the atom and the first person to split an atom. Also we learned how to do average atomic mass problems and I understood them. This week I would rate myself a 3.5/5.

29. This week was a long one. On monday and tuesday we watched brain games which was very interesting. Then thursday we did coding which was really fun and a great activity. I rate myself a 4 out of 5 for the week.

30. This week working on Atomic Mass problems i had trouble at first. But after i came to a help session this week i became alot better at it and it became so much easier to me. Thank you for your help

31. This week in Chemistry, I would rate myself a 4/5. I enjoyed learning about the atomic mass. I understood how to calculate the average atomic mass pretty easily. It was a nice refresher to start the study guide. I was happy with how quickly I remembered how to do most of the work.

32. This week was difficult for me because we have had so much stuff to do for all the classes. I would give myself a 3/5 for the work I have been given in this class. I am glad we were given a study guide because that will help study for the exam.

33. This week I learned about the discovery of atoms. I felt really good about doing the atomic mass problems and I feel good about my test. I also finished a lot of study guide problems in class today, for this week I would rate myself a 3 out of 5 for I could have studied more on the test.

34. This week I learned alot about subatomic particles. I learned about protons,neutrons, and elections and what their charges are and how those charges hold the atom together. Grade 4/5

35. I rate myself a 3 out of 5 this week. I learned a lot about scientists and average atomic mass. I struggled a bit with studying for the test but I feel like I did pretty well.

36. This week I learned the history and the make up of the atom. I’d rate myself 4/5 for not studying as much as I should.

37. This week we learned more about the discovery of atoms. We also learned how to find the average atomic mass. I picked up on this pretty quickly with no difficulty. I liked this chapter better than some past ones. I would give myself 4/5 stars because it was a lot of information but I learned it pretty easily.

38. This week we learned new information about atoms. Though I felt I knew some things, I had no idea about the history behind the atom. It was interesting to learn about the different scientists and the different experiments they used to discover and define protons, neutrons, electrons, and the atom. I would rate myself overall 4/5 stars because I could have studied harder for the test!

39. This week in chemistry I learned how to find average atomic mass and the history and structure behind the atom. The
    sock and can lab made me realize how difficult it is to not rely on our site. I’d rate myself 4 out of 5 because I put studying for the test a little last minute.

40. This week I would rate myself a 7/10 because I feel like I may have done really good on the test we took this week, but I feel like I didn’t do that well this week for some reason.

41. This week I learned how hard it was for the scientists to figure out the structure of the atom with the sock activity. I also had trouble knowing everything for the test since I was gone half the week last week but I watched the vodcasts and took as good notes as I could.

42. I enjoyed the activity this week. I feel that the study sheet you had us print out with things we need to know for the exam will really help me do well on the exam

43. This week in chemistry I would rate myself 4/5 stars. I not only understood the material, but also was able to work the average atomic mass problems. The help sessions and study help helped me to understand the material more. Also, I enjoyed completing the sock and can activity. I had to correct my earlier post.

44. I would rate myself a 3 out of 5 this week because I’m not completely sure how well I performed on this test. I knew I could have done better and I should’ve started studying a lot more in advance. Next time I can make sure and study in advance so maybe I’ll perform better and be more confident.

45. This week, I would rate myself a four out of five. We learned about atoms, average atomic mass, and much more. I feel strongly that this week has prepared us for starting the next semester as well as the exam coming up.

46. This week I would rate myself a 3/5 because I put in extra effort this week. I rented a book and studied ahead for our test we took over Chapter 3. I feel like I did well on this test and pray that it will boost my overall average for the test. While I did good in this area, I waited until the last minute to turn in my extra credit which stressed me out. In addition, I have yet to start my exam review which means I’ll have to work on it a lot this weekend. I need to continue to improve my time management for this class!

47. This week I felt like that I should of gave more effort on studying for the test, but it help me realize that if I want satisfaction that I need to work hard on it. I’m going to try my best to study for this exam and I have confidence on myself that I will.

48. This week in chemistry I rate myself 3/5 I thought I had pressed post comment but looking back I see that must have typed the anti spam wrong. I feel like I did well on my test however and really enjoyed doing the mystery objects in the can. I liked how we had to guess what the objects were without looking at them. I apologize again for this web post being late and I understand if I don’t get credit 🙂