Chemistry 8-28-14 Accuracy and Precision & Intro to Significant Figures

CHEMISTRY – So which is more important, accuracy or precision? Great discussion on causes of error in the lab and how to prevent them!

So you’ve been using been using significant figures all along when you were measuring in the lab! Now the other half – using them in calculations will be no big deal at all! Take a stab at it tonight and we’ll finish up tomorrow.

Don’t forget to be studying for the SI quiz!!

Holler if you have any questions about the thLAB: Building Your Balance, or the SI Scavenger Hunt! Be sure and give yourself plenty of time!!

CHEMISTRY 8-28-14 Accuracy and Precision & Intro to Significant Figures from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

flickr photo by jambe

9 thoughts on “Chemistry 8-28-14 Accuracy and Precision & Intro to Significant Figures

1. Thanks for teaching us more about precision, accuracy, and significant figures! I actually use to have a lot of trouble with these and I understand it now, so thanks so much for your help!

2. Thank you so much for posting our class videos everyday! They help me take much better notes and understand the material more thoroughly.

3. I have a question. Can we cut off the decimal points in adding and subtracting? E.g – 2.56+3.2, can we take off that 6 and continue with the problem. I have the same question about the sig figs with multiplication and division

4. The discussion on the difference of precision and accuracy today in class really helped me understand the major difference between the two.

5. This lesson helped me understand a more detailed description of accuracy and precision. Being able to rewatch the lesson online is very nice too.

6. J Bousson C4

Great being able to rewatch these lectures. Best reruns ever! Seriously, it helps the learning come together.

7. I love being able to go back and watch the power points so that I can take better notes if I missed something in class.