Hon Chemistry 2-1-21 Percent Yield

HON CHEMISTRY: So are you a cookie dough lover? Not me – I like my cookies crispy!

Here’s the last of the applications of stoichiometry problems – percent yield. Lots easier that limiting reactants I think. You realize what we’ve done… we’ve finished the chapter!!

31 thoughts on “Hon Chemistry 2-1-21 Percent Yield

1. I struggled with balancing chemical equations. I will continue to practice with chemical equations and have my notes close if I need them to improve on this.

2. I struggled with keeping my work neat so that I could balance the equations correctly. I will work to keep my writing neat and clear.

3. I struggled with figuring out what to do in the lab. I will read the lab more thoroughly next time so I will be prepared so I can do the lab right the first time.

4. This week I struggled with the big mama extra large problems. For the test tomorrow, I need to work on how I approach these problems. I tend to get overwhelmed by word problems very easily so I am going to practice with these problems to become more confident about them.

5. I have struggled with my stress blocking me from being able to logically think through a problem. I will work on this by increasing my confidence in my ability to do these problems by practicing. I will also try to find ways to focus and stay calm while doing problems that require critical thinking.

6. This week I struggled with paying attention to the little details in the lab and while balancing equations. To fix this, I will force myself to slow down and read more thoroughly, then double-check my work.

7. This week I struggle on the simple things, like rounding, crossing over charges, balancing equations, putting on units, and sig figs. I will practice on the easy things and be more diligent in watching what I am doing

8. This week I struggled to stay focused and on task. I was very preoccupied with other things in class which in turn made me miss some important details I had to recover later. This week I will really try my best to find something to help keep me focused and from that try and focus well on my own.

9. This week, my struggle was based on taking way too long on deciphering a problem. If I take too long doing this on a test, I won’t have enough time to actually work out the problem. To combat this, I have been working many big momma extra large problems from different sources to make sure that I can understand them. Practice on these problems will ultimately help me have more time to actually work the problems out.

10. This week I struggled with figuring out how to best work out stoichiometry problems, and dealing with some stress. To fix this problem, I’ve done review games, practice problems, and asked friends for advice. Also, doing these practice problems helped relieve stress about the test.

11. This week I struggled with the memorization of all the compounds and such. To improve I will study harder and get them down before the next test.

12. This week my struggle has been staying motivated to study for the test after being gone to basketball games or other commitments. To stay motivated I have my friends hold me accountable and also help with my questions about stoichiometry problems. This was a major help in preparing for the test, otherwise if I did not study like I wanted to, I believe I would have not been as confident on the test.

13. This week I struggled with preparing for the test. Because this was one of the first tests we’ve had that has been almost all application with very little “memorization,” I struggled with being able to prepare myself for it. I could not study for a test as different as this one was the same way I had always studied, and I waited too late to design my study guide to be able to adapt well. To fix this, I will make sure I think and plan ahead for how I should study and make sure I adapt to the changes between material

14. i struggled with remembering polyatomic ions. i will continue to review them to memorize them well and not just for a quiz.

15. I struggled with making sure the chemical formula is completely balanced. I will look over all the formulas and recount all the elements to make sure they are balanced to improve.

16. This week I struggled with managing my study time in preparation for the test. To change that, I’m going to start each chapter with a checklist, and put in intentional time on my calendar to study weeks in advance.

17. I’ve struggled a lot with finishing my work in a timely manner and not procrastinating. To overcome this, I will make myself a schedule to finish my work and not let myself fall behind.

18. my struggle for this week was not knowing exactly what to study for the test. this caused me some stress and uncertainty about how i would do. i hope to be better at making a study sheet for the test and studying more ahead of time.

19. My struggle is with procrastinating on my homework and studying. I’ll get off task very easy and then realize how much time had gone by, usually making me stay up later than I should. I have been trying to do each subject’s homework, with a little break in between, that way I still get a little break and I get each subject done methodically at the same time.

20. My struggle this week was trying to study for the test. I already felt a little confident about doing it so I just didn’t feel like studying. Next time I will will make myself study so I will be ready, and I will study ahead of time.

21. This week I struggled with the large application-based stoichiometry problems. To fix this, I will work extra problems from the problem bank in the back of the textbook and make sure I understand each question before I move on.

22. I struggle with being able to work difficult problems under pressure. Even though I practice the material and understand it in class, when it is time for the test I am so stressed that simple things often confuse me and my mind blanks. I need to improve on getting into the right mindset before each test and managing my time on each question better so that I can have confidence in all my answers.

23. This week I struggled to study applications of stoichiometry. To improve myself in the future, I will find online videos talking about chemistry; I like crash course.

24. I’ve struggled with being stressed at things I don’t need to be stressed about since I know the material. I will work on this by asking myself if it’s worth my time to worry about and instead of taking time to stress about it I will work on it so I won’t be stressed.

25. This week, I struggled in preparing for the test. This test was different than other tests since it was mostly mathematical application, so I could not study like I have in the past. Next time, I will be sure to plan out a study guide in advance and allocate a sufficient amount of time to practice. I will make sure that I work plenty of extra large problems and time myself doing them. This way, I will be prepared to answer the extra large problems on the test in a timely manner.

26. This week I struggled with making careless mistakes on balancing equations. To overcome it, I will start checking my answer several times to make sure I didn’t make little mistakes.

27. My struggle this week was going over my syllabus. I printed it out to mark but didn’t end up making notes to myself. To fix this I’m going to put the syllabus in the same notebook as my other chemistry papers so I will not forget to make notes.

28. My struggle this week was remaining focused and staying up to date with the syllabus. In the future I will print and write on my syllabus so I can stay on time. I will also talk to myself in class more often so I can retain information.

29. My struggle this week was remaining focused and staying up to date with the syllabus. In the future I will print and write on my syllabus so I can stay on time. I will also talk to myself in class more often so I can retain information.

30. My struggle is week was the memorization of the acids and polyatomic ions. we didn’t have to memorize them for the quiz, but without the sheet i would not have gotten them. I will start to memorize these again so i don’t miss them on the test.