Chemistry 1-14-21 Empirical Formulas & Molecular Formulas

CHEMISTRY: Hey guys! Awesome job with empirical formulas, and now you’ve conquered writing molecular formulas! Here’s the lecture from Thursday. Don’t you think that molecular formulas are just like writing empirical formulas but with a twist at the end?

The hardest part is that it’s not a set formula for you to plug and play, but if you’ll keep in mind that you’re really just looking for subscripts which are just moles, you’ll be able to think it through. Percent to mass, mass to moles, moles to smallest whole number ratio – then the twist at the end if it’s a molecular formula

Have you started preparing for the test? It will be over ALL of chapter – plus the small bit from chapter 3. Be sure and checked out the Stuff to Know sheet for all of chapter 7 under the Test Info tab!

flickr photo by Sebastian Mary

31 thoughts on “Chemistry 1-14-21 Empirical Formulas & Molecular Formulas

1. The week I triumphed how to do that empirical and molecular formulas. I originally thought it would be difficult but I got the hang of it after practicing.

2. The week I triumphed how to do the empirical and molecular formulas. I originally thought it would be difficult but I got the hang of it after practicing

3. I did well on the homework. I was getting all of the answers correct but I still needed my notes. I studied hard and practice hard. I will continue to practice.

4. Triumph: I have am surprisingly good at working empirical formulas. At first I was confused but after watching some of your vod-casts and YouTube videos I am now understanding the concept more than before.

5. I triumphed in some of the new concepts we learned this week, I don’t have a full grasp on it but I’ve taken good notes and I’m practicing.

6. I triumphed in the new concepts this week, I understand how to do them. I need some practice , but I understand what and how to do it. I haven’t mastered it but I understand just need more practice to get better.

7. This week I triumphed in learning how to do empirical formulas and understanding homework. They seemed hard at first but I’m doing well with the formulas.

8. This week I triumphed in paying attention in class and understanding the homework. I gave myself more time to do schoolwork and I feel better knowing that I did my homework well.

9. This week I triumphed in learning from the homework. I got some answers wrong at first, but I was able to find out where I messed up and learn from it so that I can prevent it next time.

10. I triumphed this week in doing all of my homework and turning it in on time. I also believe I learned alot in class and was able to fully understand the concepts.

11. I triumphed in figuring out the empirical and molecular formulas I thought they would involve alot of hard calculating but it turned out to be easier than i thought

12. This week my triumph was the homework. I payed attention and applied what i learned to the homework and it started making a lot of sense.

13. This week I triumphed with participating in class and in understanding the new formulas this week however I have still yet to memorize the necessary ions and acids so I kinda need to work on that.

14. This week I triumphed. I was scared to use chemical formulas again in empirical formulas but quickly caught the hang of it and was able to complete my homework with ease.

15. This week I triumphed in getting all my work turned in and paying more attention to the lessons. I also took time Ans went back to vodcasts to answer my questions on homework.

16. My triumph was doing well on my homework and understanding the formula and work that I was doing. My goal was to further understand my homework so I’m doing pretty good.

17. This week I triumphed in taking notes and writing examples down so I can go back and practice later. I still need to do more of them.

18. My triumph this week was gaining a pretty good understanding of the lesson and taking good notes with lots of examples.