CHEMISTRY – Hey guys! There’s lots of useful equipment for chemistry this year! Below is a slide show with an overview of the apparatus that you’ll use in the chemistry lab. Click on the black arrow to start the slideshow. For all of the equipment:
- Know the name of each item.
- Explain the use of each item (it’s written in white on the slide)
The second slide show is a great tour of our lab. It’s very important information about where stuff is and what it’s used for. I think you’ll find it very helpful. Both of these would be a great way to study equipment for the test! (Hint, hint!) 🙂
HOMEWORK: First though, lets talk about homework.(Don’t forget to also check your syllabus!!)
1) Lab Equipment – Study the lab equipment in the slide show below and then practice identifying the equipment in the Lab Apparatus Review on Power School. It’s due on Monday by class time. If I counted right, there are 33 of them. By the way, pictures of most of these are also in the back of the Safety Packet.
2) Lab Safety Contract –Since we’ll be in lab so much, it’s important that you write your own lab safety contract. Here’s how you do it::
- From the first couple of pages of the Safety Packet that you got in class (or it’s also here under the Lab tab), write the lab safety statements as your contract.
- They may be handwritten on notebook paper or typed (must be printed). You only have to write the first part of the rule that is bold. There are 29 in all and they almost all start with “I will…”.
- At the end of your contract – after the last statement, hand write “I agree to abide by these rules.” Then sign underneath and date it. Even if you type the safety rules, you’ll need to hand write this last part.
- Due Monday!