Physics 2-18-16 Archimedes’ Principle

PHYSICS: So when you were floating in the pool this summer, did you enjoy your fellowship with buoyant forces? 🙂 Here’s the lecture from Thursday – Archimedes’ Principle.

Great topic for investigation! Speaking of which – what did you find? When the kid jumped out of the boat, did the water level rise, fall, or stay the same? Hmmmm…..

UPDATE: Now with audio…

PHYSICS 2-18-14 Archimedes Principle from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

flickr photo by marlana

12 thoughts on “Physics 2-18-16 Archimedes’ Principle

1. I think this video has no sound. Maybe it’s my device, but I can’t hear any sound, and I usually don’t have any problems. I’ll try to figure out the lesson from the visual, but my homework might be a little messed up.

2. Rate for the day a big ole 0!! Even though we just started the lesson today, the thlab proved everyone wrong in that the water level went down!! Super crazy but super exciting cause there is more learning to do and more things that will blow my mind!!

3. Struggle: I had a really hard time trying to design and carry out the take home lab. However, the results were definitely not what I expected, and it was a good opportunity to discover some of the principles for myself.

4. Struggle: the take home lab had super SUPRISING results! That no one expected!! I’m still kinda confused on the principles of why the results came back like they did! Hopefully this next week will make things a little more clear!

5. Struggle: today’s webpost was fun, even though we had many fatalities. The take-home lab also helped me to understand what would happened when a rock was floating or just sank in the water and how it affected the water level.

6. Struggle: Today my group had a lot of fun with the Design Challenge, but we struggled with making our blimp safer for our ‘passengers.’ I can’t wait to learn more about this lesson! The take home lab really made me think about buoyancy and it’s effect on objects!

7. Rate: 4. I think I did better on the test than I expected! So that’s good, but I can always improve. I need to work on the labs now.

8. Rate: 3 of 5, I feel that an average take home lab and notes day was accomplished. This combined with our amazing performance in the design challenge has resulted in the 3.

9. 4 out of 5: This week i enjoyed the take home lab and the materials that we studied. The engineering design challenge was also fun and we carried 397 passengers.

10. this week I would rate myself 4 out of 5 on the lab that we did. the lab was interesting learning about all the elements and where they belong on the periodic table and stuff like that

11. This week was a little bit of a struggle for me. I had missed a day because I was at the doctor. I will have to make up the lab I missed on Monday. I also need to find out about better study habits so that I can do better on tests in the future. This week I would rate myself a 2 out of 5.