50 thoughts on “Class Info

1. This week would rate myself 3/5, just because all of the confusion with the schedule it was very new to me and I had trouble keeping up I did get a good understanding with the help of my classmates I got a better understanding finding the mass,volume,density with this weeks lab was very hard. Trying to find one without the other is very hard. My group help me figure out, even tho I feel like I slowed us down it was worth it trying to learn.

2. This week i rate myself 3/5 this weeks testing schedule drove me crazy.I don’t think I was mentally prepared for the chemistry test. In class it seemed so easy but wen I got the test I couldn’t remember anything on the Q formula I had trouble finding what I had been given because there were multiple number in the problem. I guess I need to work on a better study plan and I’ll get better at it.

3. This week I rate myself 4/5 I didn’t work as fast as other mainly because I had just been taking my time to begin with and it caused me to have to come back do it again. I think if I actually would’ve put my best effort into the assignments. I wouldn’t have had to come back. Other than that I feel like I did good this week.

4. I feel like i learned a lot this week. I’d give myself a 4/5 rating, as there were definitely areas I needed to improve. I feel like i learned something new this week with the computers.

5. This week I rate myself 4/5 with today’s lab it made me feel good seeing that I could do work on my own when I put my mind to it also with working with my lab partner it made me work harder

6. What do I expect to learn from Chemistry this year? -Olivia Goodwin
    I expect to learn about the elements in a fresh way by actually getting hands on in the lab. I will more than likely learn a little more about the deeper biological reasoning to the world around me. Most importantly, I believe that I will learn how to manage my time much more accordingly due to the already semi-rigorous work.

7. In the lab I think I did ok I learned that if heated to a high enough temperature salt water evaporates leaving just the salt behind. It was a very good lab I am ready to learn more about science and chemistry itself

8. I am so excited for this year! I have already learned a lot and I know I will learn a lot more. I hope to learn how to study more efficiently, get better at labs, and take better notes.

9. I rate myself a 4/5 on the ooblek expierment I messed up on the measurement and I had to re do it I I the rest of the expierment went well I mixed it right and got Everything right on the first try.

10. I rate myself a 3/5 this week because I did well on understanding and reading the experiment but now I’m trying to work on retaining the notes that were given to us this week.

11. I rate myself a 3/5 I have most of the SI unit down but I need to study more on conversions they are getting easier as I study

12. This week I struggled with the lab we did on Thursday. Making a balance out of a ruler and plastic cups. You would think it’s easy but it was actually complicated. Measuring the mass of those coins were difficult. Every time I would get close to making them balanced, the water would end up heavier than the coin. I wanted to just give up and throw it across the room but towards the end I started understanding what I had to do. So I will continue to work on it and turn it in on Monday.

13. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week. I got done with 3 out of the 4 coins in the lab, but I struggled Tuesday with %error but after class in Wednesday, I now know how to do it.

14. I am excited for this year because I want to learn More study skills to enhance my knowledge and make me a better learner

15. This week I’ve struggled a lot with time management and staying on top of all of my work. It’s been kinda stressful, but I know it’ll be rewarding in college!

16. The lab was very fun i would rate myself a 4/5 on that lab. The dancing raisins was a fun and tasty experiment. It was cool how the raisins changed color the the floated and went down and came back up.I hope to do more fun and tasty labs like that.

17. I rate myself a 4/5 this week. I feel like I listened more and got what was going on this week and I’ve been studying more this week and I’ve been doing my homework.

18. This week I rate myself a 4/5. The technology stuff that we did earlier this week was difficult at first but I slowly started understanding after reading the packet that we got. Our lab today stressed me out a little bit because to begin with I couldn’t find the formula I needed to use. It wasn’t until I started listing out what I had that I found out we needed the density formula. When I came back during study hall to start over I noticed I needed the average of my volumes to get my volume for the density problem. I had finally gotten it correct.

19. This week I rate myself a 2/5 because I guess I am getting used to things and I am becoming lazy. I also did not finish the lab and I am worried about that. I will try to make next week better.

20. I would rate myself 3/5 because me havung to find the mass 3 times was difficult and I got confused but I started to get the hang of it and found answers

21. This week I would rate myself a 4/5. I worked ahead on the Technology 101 and finished it justly. My biggest problem actually was getting my sig figs right in the lab from today. That one thing is tripping me up completely, I’ll work on that. I’m not too pumped to start the Lab Report but know it will be kind of fun because I love to figure things out.

22. This week I rate myself at 3/5 I was struggling with the graph and did not know how to do it until I asked for help and I figured out how to do it

23. I’d rate myself a 3/5 this week, I feel like I am doing better, I know at the very least I am trying harder, if not succeeding. This is still the beginning and there’s plenty of time and opportunities for me to catch up. Also it seems I shall eternally be cursed to be hated by technology when I need it to work correctly the most.

24. I rate myself a 4/5, because in the past weeks I have learned to prepare myself better and put forth more effort, because I learned from my mistakes and realized laziness and frustration will get me nowhere.

25. This quarter i think i did well with learning how to manage my time better. i also did well with doing better on my labs and making sure to add details when i am writing down certain information or observations with my lab.

26. Last week, I struggled to complete and turn in assignments. I intend to do better about this by looking at the syllabus nightly and ensuring that I complete assignments in a timely manner so that I do not become overwhelmed.

27. This week i struggled in drying the sand in the lab at the beginning of the week. But other than that i did not struggle much.

28. One thing I reflect on is my Polyatomic ions quiz. I studied all week and quizzed myself and I came out with a good grade and I was very proud of myself. Also I was happy with my grade on my lab report. I still made careless mistakes that I need to work on. That is what I reflect on.

29. This week i rate myself 2 out of 5 stars. This week i reflect on my grades, i need to start finding different ways to study and i need to get better at turning in my homework.

30. This week I rate myself a 2/5. I reflect on all the homework and lab reports I missed. I also did not do well on the Polyatomic Ions quiz. I will start checking the syllabus everyday and find a new way to study.

31. I rate myself a 3/5 this week because while I was unprepared for the polyatomic ions quiz, I have learned them now, so I am prepared next time.

32. This week I’d rate myself 5/5. I reflect on my preparation for the quiz. I worked very hard. Though missing the last web post, I have come back and will try not to forget. I will continue to work hard.

33. I’d rate myself a 4/5 this week. I reflect on my preparation for the quiz which I did great on. I will continue to prepare for quizzes and everything else in order to be able to reflect positively.

34. This past week I rate myself a 4/5. I reflect on how I studied hard for the quiz and did well.I will continue to prepare good for upcoming assignments.I have been improving and I hope to continue to improve.

35. This week i struggled on almost everything that we learned this week. I am trying to study more to try to over come this week and trying more and more to overcome is all.

36. This week I struggled with the polyatomic ions and naming. I am going back over all of it so I understand how to do it better.

37. Something that i struggled with this week is catching up on my assignments from when I missed Thursday and Friday last week. I have been trying my best to stay organised and I think that i am doing a pretty good job.

38. One big thing I struggle in are test and the ioms. I believe that if I apply myself more and study to the best of my ability I will get both of those and help my tesy scores. For me it’s all about studying and concentration. That is what I struggle with.

39. This week I struggled with the pre-test more than I thought I would.To fix this i am going to answer the question carefully.I hope to improve my understanding of this chapter.I also struggled with the web post this past weekend.

40. I am thankful for God letting me wake up to see another beautiful day and let me live my life to the fullest. I am also thankful for Ms.Skinner because she had shown how life will be once I’m out of school and it shows I can’t always depend on her I have to depend on myself and I am really thankful for that.