Hon Chemistry 10-5-22 Classification of Matter

HON CHEMISTRY: Happy Wednesday! Great job today on asking questions to classify matter! How are you doing on the examples of homogeneous and heterogeneous matter? Here’s a question to think about again, can you tell me three different types of homogeneous matter?

And no, this isn’t part of a moonshine still, but it is copper and I thought it looked kind of cool! Speaking of….why do you think they use copper coil in stills??

flickr photo by cobalt123

11 thoughts on “Hon Chemistry 10-5-22 Classification of Matter

1. I rate myself 4/5 in chemistry this week. I gave myself 4 stars mainly because I have been studying for the periodic table quiz throughout the whole week. However, I lost a star because I have being meaning to rewatch the lectures but have not done that yet.

2. I rate myself 4/5 in chemistry this week. I gave myself 4 stars mainly because I have been studying for the periodic table quiz throughout the whole week. However, I lost a star because I have been meaning to rewatch the lectures but have not done that yet.

3. I would rate myself a 3/5 for chemistry this week. I’m giving myself 3 stars for studying the elements all week. Although I’m losing 2 stars because sometimes I procrastinate and don’t start studying till later which I’m trying to fix.

4. I would rate myself a 4.5 out of 5. I think I deserve this high of a rating because of how early I started studying for the periodic table test. I think I am adequately prepared for it. However, I lost a half star because of how long I procrastinated the lab report.

5. I would rate my self a 4/5 because I learned how to memorize large amounts terms to prepare for a test. I lost a star because I felt that I should have prepared for a longer amount of time to focus on details.

6. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week. I did great on the quiz because I prepared well and gave myself plenty of time to study. My reason for not rating myself higher is because I stayed up very late a few nights and did not get adequate sleep.

7. This week i would rate myself a 3/5. While I did well on the elements quiz, I irresponsibly crammed them all in on the night before. On top this, i also forgot to check to syllabus to know which elements to study and ended up studying some if the wrong material. Luckily the godsends, Samuel Quon and Reese Mccoy, reminded me of the syllabus last minute the morning before the quiz so i was able to quickly memorize the elements i did not study the night before.

8. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week. I give myself 4 stars as I am proud of how I did this week, including the elements quiz. I would take away a star for procrastination.

9. I would rate myself 3.5/5 this week. Although I did well on the periodic table quiz, I waited to study until the last minute, so I had to study a lot in a little time.

10. I would rate myself 4/5 this week because I excelled at studying for the elements quiz! I deducted a point because I didn’t start studying for the quiz until an about 2 days before, leaving me a lot to study on the night before. Overall a good week!

11. I would rate myself 4/5 this week because I excelled at studying for the elements quiz! I deducted a point because I didn’t start studying for the quiz until about 2 days before, leaving me a lot to study on the night before. Overall a good week!