Physics 12-3-20 Simple Machines

PHYSICS: Did you remember this stuff on simple machines from your physical science days? I don’t think you’ll have any trouble with efficiency and mechanical advantage problems. Give them a whirl and let me know!

flickr photo by André Banyai

7 thoughts on “Physics 12-3-20 Simple Machines

1. Q: Why are thermoplastics recyclable?

A: Since thermoplastics are able to be melted, we can melt them and reform them into new shapes. This reforming of the polymer creates a continual use of the plastic.

2. I rate myself a 2.5 out of 5 this week. I have really been struggling with the material from this chapter, but I think I have a pretty good handle on efficiency and input and output forces. I also didn’t have too much trouble with power when we learned it today, but I think the doing the homework will show me how much I really understand it. I am very concerned about the test next week because I have just not been able to grasp the information from the first part of the chapter, so I am hopeful I will be able to get a better handle on it soon!

3. I would rate myself a 3/5 this week. I really enjoyed the design challenge, even if it was super stressful at the end. I don’t think i have a strong grasp on this chapter which makes me really nervous for the test and the exam. Some days everything makes sense but the next I’m clueless all over again. Hopefully this homework will help and I will be able to study some this weekend.

4. This week I rate myself a 3/5. There were several things this week that could have been done better. The sudden basketball game and my afterschool practices have made it difficult to stay on top of my work. I’ve been able to make do however and feel somewhat comfortable with what we’ve been doing in class. I believe I understand, it will just take time to really get everything under my belt.

5. I rate myself a 3/5 this week. The labs have been fun and I’ve been able to figure them out, and our roller coaster was a great success 🙂 I have struggled with the homework more this week, and I think it’s because I was out of the material for a week because of thanksgiving. This weekend, I am going to work on getting the conceptual things down. I just need to get my head back into the material and then the problems will fall into place.

6. I gotta rate myself a 3/5 this week. The new material with Input and Output forces is a tad difficult to deal with but I will get it in time. I enjoyed building the rollercoaster as well. I do hope that I will get better at using SPARKvue, though.

7. This week I would rate myself a 4/5. I am disappointed in my performance on the test, but I mostly only missed the questions that I did not have time to finish. I did well on our labs from this week, and I feel like I have a good understanding of the concepts from this chapter. I have been able to do most of our homework problems, so I hope I will do well on the worksheets and upcoming test.