PHYSICS – Hey guys, here’s the homework from vectors and a tiny bit of graphical vector addition practice. Is it starting to click?
A couple of super important things – GRAPH PAPER(!) and sketch it out before you start so you’ll know where to place the first vector with out running off the page. Also, graphical addition is adding vectors head to tail – then the resultant is found from the tail of the first vector to the head of the last vector. Get the direction by measuring from the tail of the resultant.
flickr photo by diegoluis
Welcome to Graphing 101 – or what I like to call, “A Quick Review of Everything You Learned About Graphing in the 8th Grade.” Here is your assignment for Tuesday.
FIRST, Evernote: Go to your shared Evernote folder and find your Lab Safety Rules that I have shared with you. You may need to re-scan them. If you have a pink check at the top, you are clear. If you don’t have a pink check, you must re-scan and resubmit to your Google Drive Shared Folder. Include the word UPDATED in your title
IMPORTANT: Today’s assignment is one that you will have to complete at school. The program is on the school laptops and on the computers in the computer lab.
- Find the “Fundamental Science Skills” program on your computer.
- In the Graphing Skills section, click on “Graphing Data Points.” Read through and practice in each section VERY CAREFULLY!
- After you have completed each review section, go to the exam and complete it.
- You must enter your name in the exact format you do when you title a lab – including the title of the activity.
- Click on “Check Your Answers.” When you have 100% accuracy, bring your lap top to me to check your Check Answers Results Sheet. If you are doing the assignment outside of our class period, print off your exam results sheet and bring it to me to check.
- IMPORTANT: Your answers and the format of it all must match exactly to receive credit. (Sometimes being exactly correct is extremely important!)
- The Graphing Data Points assignment is due by the end of the class period.
- Next, go to the Ring Challenge and complete it. You will need headphones or earbuds. If you don’t finish in class, bring the completed sheet to me to check off. Check the syllabus for the due date!
Holler if you have any questions!