Hon Chemistry 2-26-16 Metallic Bonds

HON CHEMISTRY: Molten iron, wow! Here’s the lecture for Friday on the rest of the notes on metallic bonding.

Aren’t you glad there are no structures to draw for metallic bonds?! Make sure you can use the electron sea model to explain the properties of metals. Also be able to compare and contrast all three types of bonds.

Have you made your own Chapter 6 “Stuff to Know Sheet”? Great way to get organized as you get ready for this test on Friday!!

Hon Chemistry 2-26-16 Metallic Bonds from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

href=”https://vimeo.com”>Vimeo.

4 thoughts on “Hon Chemistry 2-26-16 Metallic Bonds

1. This week in Chemistry I rate myself 3 out of 5. I give myself this lower rating because I struggled to get my Computer Lab started. I also was disappointed that my lab partner and I where not able to complete the lightbulb lab, but on the upside I did complete the ThLab easily and on time.

2. At the beginning of the week I struggled with Lewis structures but once I completed the cLab I understood it better. The cLab was fairly easy except for trying to figure out how to adjust the size of the atom on a computer. Ionic bonding and electron dot notation was a triumph for me because I picked up on it quickly. I would rate myself a 3/5.

3. This week we learned a ton of new information. We had three labs this week. The cLab was fairly easy, although it was slightly confusing at first. The thLab was super easy and was quite interesting. The lightbulb lab was frustrating, because my partner and I were having trouble figuring out steps 2 and 3. When we lit the bulb in step 1, it was really cool to see. We learned about ionic bonding, electron dot notation, and metallic bonding.I would rate myself a 3/5 this week.

4. I give myself a four out of five for this week. I understand the ionic and covalent electron dot notations for the most part, but I’m still struggling on some of the more difficult ones. I hope the cLab will help me on the test once I figure out the configurations. I had a hard time getting the thLab to work for me, but I understood the concept. Hopefully I can figure out how to find the fault in the leads for the lab we did in class today.