Physics 9-28-16 Horizontal Projectile Motion

PHYSICS – Great job today – and applying stuff from the last chapter no less!

Just go slow and easy, talk yourself through what you are doing and ask if the formulas you are using are legit. You’ll master it in no time flat. Watch out for squirrels throwing nuts!

Physics 9-28-16 Horizontal Projectile Motion from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

flickr photo by RunnerJenny

6 thoughts on “Physics 9-28-16 Horizontal Projectile Motion

1. I would rate myself a 4 out of 5 for this week. Although I struggled with component vector addition at first, I feel very comfortable with it now after going through all the homework problems and making sure I understood exactly how to work them. Even though I definitely did not do as well on our first test as I would have liked, I have learned so much from going back and correcting the problems and questions that I missed. I usually know how to work the problems, which is very encouraging, but time is my greatest enemy. This year, I really need to focus on speeding up my work and managing my time while test taking.

2. I rate myself a 4 of 5 stars for this week. I got all of the vector worksheet problems correct the first time I worked them. This was a big accomplishment for me because I usually have at least one to correct on homework. This week I learned about projectile motion. I learned that when you drop something and throw something horizontally from the same height at the same time, they hit the ground at the same time. This is because Gravity has the same effect on both objects. I also learned how to use my knowledge of vectors, velocity, and acceleration to find where an object would hit the ground if it was horizontally thrown.

3. I think I would rate myself a 4 out of 5 for this week. I feel like the test went alright, and I was pretty happy with my results on horizontal projectile motion. I have my alternative assessment group project planned out. I’m excited to see how we can use vectors in the real world, even though we’ve already seen plenty of those examples in the homework problems. As I am writing this, I am about to try my luck on angular projectile motion. It seems to be alright so far; however, I am not positive on a few things just yet. Therefore, we will see how that goes. I would give myself just a little bit higher rating; although, when I went to correct my test, it took me a while before I was able to figure out what I had done wrong. But I’ve got it now!

4. This week I think I’d give myself a 4 out of 5. Even though this week was one of the hardest and most demanding I’ve had so far, I think I made good progress. Honestly,I was feeling pretty discouraged about physics in general & my ability to pass it after that first test. This being said, I was able to successfully work the majority (only missed 1) of the Vector Worksheet problems. On last night’s homework, I also did rather well and actually understood it enough to explain one to a friend. I know that’s not a huge deal, but it shows me that I am making considerable progress and that this class isn’t impossible, just challenging. With both of these things in mind, I feel semi-confident going into my test corrections because to do last night’s homework, you had to understand & be able to use concepts from last chapter.

5. I give myself a 3 out of 5 for this week. the things I did good on were the horizontal motion homework and the vectors. I had a hard time with the home work from last night, and I hope we will get to discuss most of them in class. I also had trouble with the Capstone lab because me and my lab partner had to redo the extension on Capstone. I am looking forward to finishing angular motion.

6. This week I rate myself a 4 out of 5. I feel I excelled towards the beginning of the week with Vectors and Horizontal motion, but when we got to Angular motion, I began to struggle. Today’s when we went over some angular motion problems in class really helped me to understand better, and hopefully I can do better on my homework this time around!