Chemistry 2-28-17 Conclusion of cLAB: Element Reverse Scavenger Hunt

CHEMISTRY: Amazing! Did you every dream there was that much interesting and important stuff to know about the s, p, d, and f block elements?! Here’s a final run through all the slides – clarifing some information and filling in gaps you might have.

Click here for the link to the videos from today on Arsenic & Napoleon’s Wallpaper and The Marsh Test.

As you are studying, make sure you go back and practice figuring out the period, block, group, and type of element from the electron configuration. And don’t forget the topics I asked you to research for yourself that you will find on the Chapter 5 Stuff to Know Sheet on Edline!!

To make your research even more interesting(!), there are some really interesting videos with tons of useful information at this site: http://periodicvideos.com/

Some great videos to watch from the s-block for the test are potassium, magnesium, and calcium.

Some great videos to watch for the p-Block are carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, fluorine, and chlorine. http://periodicvideos.com/

Some great videos to watch from the d block are: copper and mercury. And there are other interesting ones you might like to watch just for fun!

Some great videos to watch from the f block are: neodymium, thorium, and uranium. Go pop some popcorn and have some movie time!

Hon Chemistry 2-3-15 Conclusion of cLAB: Element Reverse Scavenger Hunt from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

13 thoughts on “Chemistry 2-28-17 Conclusion of cLAB: Element Reverse Scavenger Hunt

1. This week, I have had a few challenges but an overall successful week. When it came to researching and going over the elements in class, I realized that here and there, i could’ve written better notes. But looking over the entire packet, i notice that I was able to space out each day of notes periodically, which made it so much easier than stressing out about it the night before. This week has shown me responsibility for my own learning abilities. My goal for this next week, is to finish out this 9 weeks strong; and to study to the best of my ability for the test on the 9th

2. This week in chemistry i would rate myself a 4/5. I did well on my cLab and listened and took notes as we went along. I could have kept up better instead of having to do a lot of it the night before.

3. this week in chemistry i learned a lot about responsibility. I learned that you need to be able to take your own notes and be able to learn and study them. This was much needed for me and kind of a reality check that i can do it. I give myself a 5/5.

4. This week in Chemistry, I would rate myself a 4/5 stars. In the beginning of the week, I was pretty far behind on the cLAB. As we continued to research, I started getting better at only writing down what is necessary to know for the test. I realized that having the skill of being a good researcher is very beneficial and helpful! I need to make sure I start studying for the test next week! Hopefully next week I can rate myself higher!

5. This week has been successful for me because I feel like I have good information and detail on my scavenger hunt and this will help me study for the upcoming test. Also, I am remembering the information in this lesson better because it is interesting learning about the uses of elements in our everyday life.

6. this week i would rate myself a 3/5. i struggled at first on the reverse scavenger hunt. i was able to get better at the end though. there is a lot of information on this coming up test and i’m going to start studying now for it

7. This week I would rate myself 3/5 stars. I struggled with time mangement and did not do the Clab efficiently, however I did well gethering the information on each element.

8. I would rate myself a 4/5 for this week. I struggled a bit with finding all the meanings in the c-lab pictures. But I felt like I had understood some when we went over it in class.

9. This week i would rate myself a 4/5. I have learned a lot about time management when doing the element scavenger hunt. I have had an overall success this week and wish to have more weeks like this one.

10. I would rate myself a 4/5 for this week. I think I worked on the clab very efficiently and got all of it done on time. The notes we took today confused me, but I’m going to watch the vodcast and try to understand it a little better.

11. This week in chemistry I feel as if the research was a breeze and I took very good notes. I was able to produce keywords from the very subtle hints in the pictures and then go and ask Google questions that I had from this facts. I didn’t do great on my test which is no surprise to me considering I go into all of the test with a well understanding and I feel like I still fail either way. With that being said, I need to do some deeper thinking about my test taking strategies and decoder the issue I have. I would rate myself 4/5 this week in chemistry.

12. This week was overall a good week for me. My only struggle which wasn’t really a struggle was the C-lab I realized I need to become better at researching. Although I got a lot of info I missed a whole lot as well. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week.

13. This week was a good week for me. My only struggle which wasn’t really a struggle was the C-lab I realized I need to become better at researching. Although I got a lot of info I missed a whole lot as well. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week.