Chemistry 3-18-16 Ionic Radii & Electronegativity

CHEMISTRY: Here’s the lesson for Friday and the last of the periodic trends – not car trends, periodic trends! Thanks for being so patient with the stubborn computer! Here’s a recording of the lesson from the past.

Hon Chemistry 2-6-15 Ionic Radii & Electronegativity from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

flickr photo by Infidelic

16 thoughts on “Chemistry 3-18-16 Ionic Radii & Electronegativity

1. This week I Struggled with the Reactivity of Halides Lab. My partner and I did not carefully read the instructions which led to several mistakes, requiring us to redo the lab. But once we properly completed the lab, the results were so interesting! Who knew we would see such a variety of interesting reactions in such a quick and simple lab!!

2. This week I feel I did really well with the exception of missing a homework. Me and my lab partners coasted through the lab and it ended up being a really fun lab. Learning about the reactivity of elements because of the valence electrons was really interesting and is my favorite thing we’ve learned so far this year

3. This week we got the chemistry project and it seemed overwhelming. I will have to to manage my time in order to finish the project. Grade 3/5

4. This week my partner and I did well in the lab and we managed our time well. I know I will struggle with setting time goals for myself during the project but I will try to stay focused while doing the project. I also liked learning about the valence electrons again. I am excited to get back to the book. I would rate myself a 3/5 for this week.

5. This week, I learned about halides and how they react when different elements are added to them. My lab partner and I did get confused on one section of the lab but still was able to complete and observe the reactivity in the lab. In addition, I learned more about valence electrons and their energy levels. Overall, I would rate myself a 3/5 for performance in the lab and learning new material.

6. This week I would rate myself a 2/5 because me and my lab partner did fairly poor on the lab and I didn’t finish my SItN.

7. This week, I feel as though I not only properly performed the lab given but have efficiently began work on the project. I have set goals and already started to work on them, which I feel will strongly aid me as the date quickly approaches. I would give this weeks performance a 4/5.

8. I would rate myself 2.5/5 because I didn’t really grasp the radii stuff and what not. I did fairly well on the lab and it was pretty cool

9. This week I think I did well on the lab. We got done with plenty of time to spare and still got it correct. I’m struggling a bit with the new chapter we are learning but once I go over it a couple of times I’ll get it. I rate myself a 3/5

10. This week I learned about trends on the periodic table. I did struggle with the lab on Monday because me and Russ did get confused but we did fix it and got the lab done. I would give myself a 4/5 this week because I did mess up on the lab but I fixed it and I started on the project.

11. This week I would rate myself a 3/5. Me and my partner did pretty good on the lab but we barely finished in time. We could have done better doing different things instead of doing the same things. I feel confident about this project and I am starting on it this weekend

12. This week I rate myself a 3/5, because even though I thought I was prepared for lab I ended up having to start over twice. I need to read it more in depth. Despite that struggle I feel like I did pretty well in chemistry this week, because i am really starting to understand periodic trends and I feel like I got all the homework questions right.

13. This week i struggled with the Halide ions lab, my lab partner and I were unable to get the correct results the first time we did the lab. Luckily, we went back to try again and got the correct results the second time. Because of this, i would rate myself a 2/5. I was able to use the information given to me about the project to begin my research.

14. this week we learned about ionizations I would rate myself a 5 out of 5 on learning it because I really understood all the homework and didn’t have any trouble on anything this week