Honors Chemistry 2-19-15 Lewis Structures & Multiple Bonds

HON CHEMISTRY – I just love dots! Here’s the lesson for Wednesday on drawing Lewis structures. Make sure you practice, practice, practice! Warning: before you know it, you’ll be seeing dots everywhere!

Honors Chemistry 2-19-15 Lewis Structures & Multiple Bonds from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

flickr photo by Spotted drum ♥ (on & off)

15 thoughts on “Honors Chemistry 2-19-15 Lewis Structures & Multiple Bonds

1. I would rate myself a 4 out of 5 for this week. The reason why is because even though I really enjoyed lewis structures, some of the double bonded and triple bonded compounds confused me and I need to work more at them.

2. For today, I would rate myself a 4/5, I understood how to make Lewis Atomic Structure and how to make Multiple Bonds, but I need to refresh my memory on chemical formulas.

3. For today’s lesson, I would rate myself a 4 out of 5. I watched and took notes yesterday on the vodcast from last year that you posted and it helped me understand today’s lesson very well! I still get a little tripped up on the multiple covalent bonds, but I’m sure that practicing them more will help me to be more confident with them.

4. I give myself 4 out of 5 stars learning about Lewis structures today. I think I did pretty well but I still need to practice more on them.

5. I would rate myself 4 out of 5 this week because I understand Lewis structures a lot better now. All the practice we did in class helped me with the homework; however I feel like I need more practice on multiple bonds.

6. Triumph- This one day week I triumphed at Lewis Structures. I was able to catch on quickly to how to draw them by the helpful hints you gave us about how carbon is always in the middle and hydrogen never is. Also, how the structure always have to have only the total number of valence electrons all the atoms have together and no more or no less.

7. This week I triumphed on the Lewis structures. I quickly picked up on how they worked and I think that I even have double and triple bonds down. CONS really is a useful little trick that is sure to help me out on these. With a little bit of practice, I think I’ll be confident enough to test on these.

8. I rate myself a 4 out of 5! I am finally understanding the blocks and how to use them according to finding and sourcing elements. Thank you so much for teaching us these things so well! I would have never understood and succeeded in the reverse scavenger hunt without you!

9. This week I would rate my self with a 1 out of 5 for the number of days in school and in that 1 day I research the p block and how very different the elements in it can be.

10. Something I could improve on this week is the way the different elements bond the way they do. I’m still a little confused as to why some elements bond with a covalent bond and some with an ionic bond; therefore, I will study that more closely. I also need to look at why some elements in a Lewis structure bond with double and triple bonds and some do not.

11. This week I triumphed at the Lewis structures and bonding. The bonding questions in the homework are pretty understandable but a couple had me confused. As I kept doing the Lewis structure problems I began to triumph more. I have begun to understand when to use the double bonds in the bonding problems.