Chemistry 1-29-15 Quantum Numbers & Orbital Notation

CHEMISTRY: Wow, you did a great job today! Did quantum numbers begin making more sense when you started using them? Good work today on orbital notation. I think you’re going to be seeing arrows and numbers in your sleep!

Be sure and practice with the homework tonight, and don’t forget to use the Aufbau “chart” that you learned to draw!!

Chemistry 1-29-15 Quantum Numbers & Orbital Notation from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

flickr photo by Iguana Jo

13 thoughts on “Chemistry 1-29-15 Quantum Numbers & Orbital Notation

1. I would rate myself a 1 out of 5 this week for my absences. I did enjoy learning about fluorescent and incandescent light and the colors that they have.

2. I had trouble with some of the pictures on the reverse scavenger hunt, but I thought that it was still a good way to learn since I tend to remember things that I find myself.

3. I give myself a 7 out of 10 this week because I understand the electric magnetic spectrum, but the math problems are still hard for me

4. Learning about quantum numbers was honestly pretty difficult. However it became a lot easier when I was shown the apartment complex for electrons!

5. This week was very difficult learning about quantum numbers and different energy levels. The apartment example helped me immensely in understanding everything.

6. I liked the lab we did this week and how you can tell what element is present based on the light coming off of the flame

7. i really like the lab this week and seeing which element produced which color but learning quantum numbers was a little hard i rate myself a 4 out of 5 going to help session helped a lot with the problems

8. I slaked off at the end of class and didn’t take my notes so I was lost when we were working the quantum numbers on the board, but the chart helps me a lot, I need to memorize it so I can use it on tests

9. I would rate myself a 4 out of 5 this week because I paid attention and I understood most of the lesson this week. Also, I thought the lab this week was really interesting. I am glad I understood fully what I was supposed to be doing.