Hon Chemistry 10-2-14 Mixture Separation Lab

HON CHEMISTRY: Pretty intense couple of days this week, huh? You know, I’m really proud of you! It’s one thing to be able to follow a set of directions, but it’s a whole other thing to be able to come up with the directions on your own! That’s a difficult thing to learn how to do, and you are doing a great job developing that skill.

Any questions about writing the lab report for Monday? Be sure to save it as a PDF to your Google Drive and turnitin.com. It might be a good idea to review the Digital Lab Report manuscript form.

Be careful that you give me pertinent details on your procedure. Don’t be too general, give details. Also, if your plans changed, tell me that too. And then, after you write your own conclusion, don’t forget to include all Analysis & Conclusion questions after your own Conclusion – No Extension questions.

Salt
Image source alibaba.com

______________________________________________________

14 thoughts on “Hon Chemistry 10-2-14 Mixture Separation Lab

1. I love the stuff we are learning about in that chapter even though we didn’t finish the lab and it stresses me out immensely.

2. I feel like we have learned so much designing and doing each lab instead of just reading about it. Especially this one because it taught us about time management which is something I struggle with!

3. I actually thought this lab was kind of fun. It was great getting to be independent with the information we already know and applying it in our own way.

4. I really enjoyed doing the virtual lab before the separating substances lab. The virtual lab helped me understand the real lab a little more.

5. I liked this lab a lot! In theory, it seemed pretty easy, but during application it proved to be quite a challenge. And I actually appreciate those types of challenges in this class.

6. what I have learned this week is the difference between intensive and extensive. Intesive does not depend on the matter while extensive does depend on the amount of matter. I aslo learned that there is four types of matter which is solid, liquid, gas and plasma

7. I learned a lot about separating mixtures this week. even though I didn’t finish the lab, I still learned a lot of valuable information. And is the lab report due Monday? It said Saturday at midnight on the syllabus.