16 thoughts on “Chemistry 3-20-14 Ionization Energy

1. How do I arrange elements in order of ionization energies without looking at the periodic table? Is there a trick to it?

2. The lab this week helped me understand the trends in the periodic table for reactivity and solubility in the alkali metals and alkaline earth metals.

3. Who knew that the periodic table had so many patterns and trends! Are their any unknown trends that scientists don’t know about yet? What are they?

4. i actually understand about the gaining and loosing of electrons now, this week really helped bc i didn’t understand last year

5. I found it interesting that Group 17 has the highest Electron Affinity, because it wants to fill up its outer most energy level. It has 7 electrons and only needs to gain just one more to be full.

6. I found it very interesting that the farther you go across a period the ionization energy increases and the farther you go down a group the ionization decreases. I also learned that it is easier to take electrons down a group then it is taking the electrons from the top of the group, because they are farther away from the nucleus.

7. When you explained the ionization energy orbitals with the baby ducks it really stuck with me. If it wasn’t for that I would’ve gotten every question it applied to