Hon Chemistry 1-16-15 Noble Gas Notation

HON CHEMISTRY: Well, he may be noble, but I don’t think we were talking about the same thing today. I’m pretty sure you weren’t this laid back in class!

How do you like noble gas notation? Practice what you learned today. You’ll get the hang of it in no time. Lab Wednesday, but first, let’s do an overview of the test on Tuesday!

Hon Chemistry 1-16-15 Noble Gas Notation from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

flickr photo by Rennett Stowe

12 thoughts on “Hon Chemistry 1-16-15 Noble Gas Notation

1. I give myself 5 out of 5 stars for doing the triboluminescensce lab on Wednesday. My lab partners and I did a good job of working together and communicating what kind of light we saw.

2. I would rank myself a 9 out of 10 for the noble gas notation. I got it correct in class; however, on the homework, deviant behavior affected my answer for what element a certain electron configuration showed. I probably should look at this more thoroughly for the future.

3. I would rank myself at 4 out of 5 for this week because I feel like I have begun to completely understand the concept of electron configuration. However on the test there were a few problems I could have prepared better for. I also thought I did pretty well on the triboluminescensce lab.

4. I have to say that my favorite part of the week was doing the triboluminescensce lab! It was a lot of fun, and my partner and I definitely learned a lot about teamwork since we couldn’t see anything. It makes me want to go out and see if there’s more objects that give off a glow like that.

5. I would give myself a 4 out of 5 for this whole week. The triboluminescence lab went very well for me and my lab partner (Hannah Felder) and I feel like we executed it almost perfectly! I prepared very well for our test today, but I think I need to work on applying all that I learn even more. Even though I’m always anxious about tests, I believe that I studied everything we learned in this chapter thoroughly and did my absolute best on the test!

6. My favorite thing about this week was the triboluminescence lab! I thought it was really interesting and I learned something new. I think Jade and I did a really good job at working together.

7. I give myself 4 of of 5 stars for the create a table activity today. I thought me and my lab partner (Mary Addison) did a good job finding patterns.

8. I think I would give me and Emma a 5/5 for the lab today! We are wonderful at communicating with each other but still have fun while we do it. We are also good at multitasking when it comes to lab. We could work a tad bit on time management

9. On today’s in class building a table activity I would give myself a 2 out of 5. I was very confused throughout the entirety of the lab, which caused my lab partner and I took become frustrated. This lessened our ability to work effectively and quickly in order to finish the lab. Though we finished the lab, it was definitely not our best work.

10. The lab that we did on Wednesday helped me to really understand the concept of atoms jumping and falling from different orbitals. I thought that my lab partner and I triumphed at the activity today, maybe that was because we are both organized people.

11. I give myself 4 out of 5 stars on the element packet this week. I did good figuring out the clues but I don’t think I went into enough detail.

12. I would rate my self an 8 out of ten for this week because I feel like I am doing well on the element reverse scavenger hunt, but i feel like I could have done better on the test. I need to develop better study habits for the next test.