Chemistry – Your LAST Web Post Comment!!

Can you believe it?!? This is your LAST web post comment!! This is where you put it and here are the three things I want you to talk about:

1) How did chemistry grow you? What did you learn about yourself?
2) What advice do you have for future chemistry students?
3) What could we have done different this year that would have helped you learn chemistry better?

Can’t wait to hear from you!! 🙂

84 thoughts on “Chemistry – Your LAST Web Post Comment!!

1. 1)Chemistry has grown me and changed me so that I now know that I can do challenging things and can push my limits I learned about myself that if you never push yourself you’ll never grow
    2) if you don’t lock in for chemistry it will be difficult for you to succeed so work hard or you will regret it
    3) one think that I would have liked to have more labs so I would have a better understanding of what we were learning throughout the year

2. 1) Chemistry is the first class I’ve taken where I’ve studied earlier than the night before a test. I think that this class taught me how to be properly prepared for assignments and not just cram information before tests.
    2) I would advise upcoming students to not worry too much about upcoming tasks. This is biblical advice. Too much stress never produces good work.
    3) I think I could’ve learned better if we had more homework over what would have been multiple choice material. The homework was always problems when most of the tests would be multiple choice.

3. 1. Chemistry grew me in many ways. The main way chemistry grew me was time management and staying on top of my work. This has impacted how I do my work in other classes. I learned that I am a very bad procrastinator and it takes a lot of energy to get things done on time.

2. Do your webpost, do your extra credit, stay on top of your work, and learn how YOU study.

3. Slow down whenever we needed to and have test scheduled weeks in advance. Also, communicating with each other (the students) about what we needed to work on and work on that together, grow each other.

4. 1. Chemistry not only taught me about properties, composition, and structure of substances, but it also taught me that we can do anything we put our minds to. At the beginning of the year, I thought that chemistry was going to kill my gpa, but I have maintained at least a B the whole year. I have learned that I, instead of giving up when things get hard, need to keep pushing through it and strive for success.

2. The advice that I would give the upcoming chemistry projects is do not be afraid to speak up. If you do not understand something or need help, ask. Always talk to Mrs. Skinner about anything, she is there to help you!

3. Lastly, if I would have done anything different this year, I would have given myself enough time to do my homework and study. I tried to give myself three days to study for any tests or quizzes, however that did not always work out and sometimes I procrastinated. To change this, I would start on my work early and try to finish as soon as possible.

5. 1.) Chemistry has taught me how to be more responsible, and mature in how I think of things and those around me. I never knew that I was smart enough to memorize a lot of things until chemistry.
    2.) My advice is to always try your hardest, and never ever procrastinate.
    3.) I feel like if I would’ve never procrastinated as much as I did, I would have better grades, and also paying attention more in class and taking better notes.

6. 1) I grew in chemistry by becoming more efficient and I proved to myself that I can accomplish way harder things than I ever thought could be possible. My grades in other classes have improved naturally and I feel better about myself.
    2) My advice to future chemistry students is to never wait to get something done. One of the things I learned this year is that it is possible to still have a fun time in high school and go to everything you want to be at, if you settle down and get your work done.
    3) One thing I wish I could have learned quicker in chemistry is that very lesson of not waiting. At the beginning I felt constantly stressed and wasn’t going places because I would procrastinate but as the year progressed I became more relaxed and was able go through even things like a massive project with little to no stress.

7. 1. Chemistry grew me in many ways. The main way chemistry grew me was time management and staying on top of my work. This has impacted how I do my work in other classes. I learned that I am a very bad procrastinator and it takes a lot of energy to get things done on time.

8. 1. Chemistry has helped me grow in not giving up. I struggled with some things this school year in chemistry but I never gave up. If I couldn’t figure something out I would ask for help and keep practicing.
    2. My advice for a future chemistry student would be to work hard and ask for help if you don’t understand.
    3. Something that I could have done better is time management. There were a lot of times this year I waited until the last minute to do homework, study, etc.

9. 1. The way that chemistry grew was how I made me have to apply what I memorized and not just know it. I learned about myself that I can’t just try to learn something the night before.
    2. What I would tell a future chemistry student is to make sure to pay attention when taking notes because you will have to go back to them a lot for tests.
    3. I would have made sure to practice every night so before the test I wouldn’t be confused and have to learn it the night before the test.

10. 1. Chemistry helped me grow by making me become more responsible. I stayed on task all year and did all of my assignments. It also grew me by helping me to find more efficient ways to study.
    2. I would tell future chemistry students to make sure not stress too much. Also do all of the assignments and actually study for test.
    3. Something that would have helped me more this year was to do more labs. Even though I do not enjoy labs, they help me apply the information.

11. 1. Chemistry made my grow by me learning how to actually study and how to actually learn the material and remember it not just learn and forget it. I learned about myself that I’m not afraid of working hard and getting my work done but that I have to get out of sometimes my lazy habits and my procrastinating.
    2. Advice I have for future chemistry students is don’t take time for granted and to never procrastinate doing you work.
    3. Something I could did different to help me do better in chemistry is to prepare earlier and better for my test. Also to study and do some proactive any chance I get to help me with my chemistry.

12. 1) Chemistry grew me a lot. I grew a lot from not trying too hard in my classes and not studying much to studying almost every night and doing homework every night. That part was rough, but I learned about myself that I am capable of a lot more than I think, I just have to work harder for it.
    2) Some advice I have for future students is to study a little bit each night ahead of a test, and to do your homework. Tests in chemistry normally contain too much to memorize in 1 night, especially things like balancing equations. Also, do your homework because eventually if you begin to stop doing your homework, the zeros will add up and your grade will drop. The homework is also a very good study tool.
    3) If I could’ve done something different this year to help me learn chemistry better, I would’ve practiced more before tests and taken better notes. I took decent notes, but I could’ve taken more notes with example problems to study. I also practiced a little bit for the problems on each test, but I noticed every time the more I practiced each night, the problems on the test were so much easier.
    Overall, this class was very frustrating at times. But I think it grew me a lot as a student and a person.

13. 1)Chemistry grew me in many ways made me realize that I need to work hard and how to work hard. I learned how I was as a student and how I needed to change and work harder.
    2) Some advice for younger students is to work hard and never get behind don’t procrastinate on anything.
    3) I could have worked harder at the beginning, but I slacked off and got behind and it was hard to come back from that because most everything builds off of it .

14. 1. Chemistry had grown me in many ways. Firstly, this class has helped me recognize how incredibly detailed Creation is, which magnifies the awesomeness of our God, who intricately designs all things. It encourages me to know that I am created with such a purpose that the One who created me must love me.
    I have also learned much about how I study and do work. For example, it is easier for me to do a lot of my homework in the mornings, and because of this, I have begun to wake up earlier. This is a choice that I believe works for me, but I know that many people are different. God has created all of us differently, and we can use our different gifts all for the same purpose: to glorify God in Heaven by sharing His Light with others.
    Finally, I’ve grown in relationships with the people in my classes, especially in Chemistry. As Psalms says, “one man sharpens another.” God has placed people in our lives for the purpose of going through things together. The chemistry project was incredibly difficult, but it would have been ten times harder if I didn’t have people alongside me going through the same situation as me, encouraging me along the way.
    2. To future chemistry students I would say: Don’t worry. The class is intimidating, no doubt, but if you work hard you’ll be fine. Manage your time, don’t procrastinate, and ask questions. If you ever feel overwhelmed, take a chill pill and talk to someone about it.
    3. There is very little that could change about this class that could make it better. The only thing I would say is I would like to have had a slight review every few days of the things we’ve learned previously in the chapter. I found myself completely forgetting concepts and having to relearn them.

15. 1. Chemistry really pushed me to my academic limits but I only grew stronger as a result of it. It was the only class that pushed me in critical thinking and memory and even a connection with God (thank you Ms. Skinner). I learned how to trust God and think like a scientist. I really learned God’s characteristics through Chemistry and I have a lot of potential.
    2. Advice for future students- Get organized, do your best, and start all assignments early. DON’T WAIT.
    3. We could have had more lectures to learn more about chemistry and had more demonstrations.

16. 1. This year chemistry definitely taught be a lot of things about myself but the most influencer one would probably be this. Dont let anything or anyone tell you, you cant do something because I learned this year that when I put my mind to something and worked hard at it I would understand it and become better at it.

2. Theres so much advice I could give to future students but here’s some. MAKE Sure you do your Homework. The Homework in this class will be able to counter balance all the not so good test grades you may have. And also make sure you study hard at the start of the year. I didn’t really start studying until the last semester and it was a huge mistake I made.

3. I thought Mrs. skinner was a very good teacher and taught me a lot about chemistry while also telling us how its influenced by God. But something that would have probably helped me a little would be more review days for the test. I think two days or even 1 and 1/2 would have helped me a lot in my test grades.

17. 1) Chemistry taught me to study days before tests for 100% preparation. This is a great habit to get into. Chemistry taught me that I am so much more than a grade. I am capable of so many things beyond my GPA like strengthening my relationships over the year.
    2) I would say, “Always do your webpost and don’t get behind!”
    3) I would have loved if we did less of writing up labs and more going over them in class. We rushed through our labs so much that at times, I was very lost at what the purpose of the lab was. So just clarifying and explicitly stating the purposes of the labs and how they tie into the lesson.

18. 1: Chemistry class has definitely had an impact on my life. Before chemistry class I did not really have good study habits nor did I know how to study. Chemistry taught me how to study and what ways I learn the material the best. This year chemistry has made me know my limits and shown me that if I put my mind to something I can do it.
    2: The advice I would have for future chemistry students would be, if Ms. Skinner says you are going to need to know this in the future such as ALL of the elements and the groups and periods you will need to know this. You wouldn’t want to have a test at the ending of the year and have to study all of this material again, it would be a waste of time. For upcoming chemistry students another word of advice I would have is that you don’t need to just memorize, you need to learn how to apply the things you have learned.
    3: One thing I would of done different in chemistry now that I have almost completed the class would be to start on my project earlier. I started on my project late and spent countless hours at my computer instead of doing other things besides that. This also made me very stressed and I did not think I was going to get it done in time. But I did finish the project with time to make sure everything was in place, but if I would of started any later than I don’t think I would have turned it in on time.

19. 1) Chemistry grew on me be making me study better for my tests and quizzes. I’ve learned that in order to make good grades on tests and quizzes I need to study a lot more than I used to.
    2) You need to do your wed posts and all of your homework. Study hard for the tests and quizzes as well.
    3) I could’ve put more time and effort into all of my assignments I would’ve done better.

20. 1. Chemistry grew me by making me apply what I know to do assignments in and out of the class. I learned that I have a problem with procrastinating and also that if I put my mind to something, I can do it well. I also learned that I can have fun in a subject I wouldn’t necessarily enjoy in my everyday life.
    2. For future Chemistry students, STUDY. Study and do all of your homework, it will help in the long run. And don’t forget your webpost. Doing your homework is a good way to study for tests and quizzes and lets you practice formulas. Webposts are easy to forget about even though you have one every week. Don’t wait till the last minute to do them because some of them take longer than others. And do not forget to pay attention in class and take good notes.
    3. I could’ve payed attention a little more and I should’ve asked for help when I needed it. And studying and doing homework would have helped me learn certain topics better.

21. 1) Chemistry helped me grow in responsibility. I learned that no matter how much work or studying that needed to be done I could get it done.
    2) My advice is to do your homework and always do extra credit.
    3) It would have helped me to learn chemistry better if we slowed down and had a slower pace and have it more thoroughly taught.

22. 1) Kemistry has grown me in many areas, it has taught me to learn beyond surface level, I learned that I do better with “plug and chug” and need to work in deeper understanding
    2)I would advise future chemistry student to not procrastinate
    3) I could have studied way further ahead of time

23. Through this chemistry class, I have been taught more than just chemistry. I have learned how to be responsible through checking the syllabus, web post, and the complicated process of turning in your work. I have also learned how to have a healthy balance of school work and family time. Studying for these tests has been a challenge that has taught me the lesson that sometimes, for your own good, you have to force yourself to do things you don’t really want to do.
    My advice for future students is to NOT STRESS OUT. The biggest thing that will make you make careless errors in labs or forget test material is freaking out too much. Just give yourself a good amount of time to study, and don’t freak out.
    What would have been a big help in the beginning was a better understanding of how to do a lab report. Eventually, I figured it out, but in the first one or two labs I was very confused on how much I needed to put in and what things I needed to focus on. While the written up lab report detailing everything I did wrong was a big help and taught me how I needed to do lab reports, it would have been nice to have a good understanding right out of the gate.

24. 1) Chemistry has taught me that developing a better work ethic and time management abilities is essential for not only my academic career, but also anywhere God may take me in life. I learned early on that this is what I struggle with most and chemistry has forced me to manage these things.

2) You are a unique individual with your own set of aptitudes and proficiencies. Too often do chemistry students get caught up in stressing over things that do not pertain to their unique skill set. Think things out for yourself and do not worry about how others do things. Developing your own system of thinking and methods will allow you to achieve the deepest understanding.

3) I would have spoken more in class. For the majority of the school year, I just kind of reticently sat and kept my thoughts and conclusion to myself. I feel I could have made a more significant contribution to the class if I was more involved in voicing my thoughts or answers on topics involving critical thinking.

25. 1. Chemistry helped me grow in areas like studying and also it made me more mature and more responsible. I learned to not give up in hard circumstances.
    2. Don’t let fear take you down in hard situations and ask God for help.
    3. I could have been way more prepared with notes.

26. 1) Chemistry grew me in my maturity. I learned how to prepare for major tests or projects. I learned that if I nerd out and try my best in class I can succeed.
    2) My advice for future chemistry students is to pay attention in class and it will be 100x easier. It translates to notes then homework then tests.
    3) Something we could’ve done better in chemistry is more quizzes in order to help us practice. This would help because the quizzes would get me ready for tests.

27. 1) Chemistry grew me by teaching my how to maintain my time and how to not be defeated at the thought of a tougher class than I’m used to. I learned through chemistry that while I’m used to procrastinating on homework, studying, and labs/projects, not procrastinating takes a lot of stress off of my shoulders and also boosts my grades and mood.
    2) The thought of chemistry or any tough classes can lead you to begin to stress. However, go into your new year with an open mind and a positive mindset because these actions can change your impact on chemistry.
    3) Two things that would have helped me learn chemistry better is if we had more quizzes before tests in order to warm up my mind before a major test and if we had more labs during the 2nd semester like we had during the 1st semester, because the labs helped me learn many important details for the upcoming tests.

28. 1) Chemistry grew me by teaching me how to maintain my time and how to not be defeated at the thought of a tougher class than I’m used to. I learned through chemistry that while I’m used to procrastinating on homework, studying, and labs/projects; not procrastinating takes a lot of stress off of my shoulders and also boosts my grades and mood.

29. 1) Chemistry taught me to be more organized and careful with my work.
    2) Never wait until the last minute to do your web post.
    3) I would have started writing my research paper sooner.

30. 1. Chemistry has influenced my study habits. I study fifteen minutes a night after I take my notes in order to be updated of what we are learning.
    2. My advice to future chemistry students is to put in the hard work and effort in order to succeed. Nothing will be handed to you. Chemistry is not a difficult class however you must put in the time to learn and apply the material.
    3. A thing that could have helped me learn better could be an occasional review day for a hard lesson that we learned. Just being able to apply the content before a test, for example, a quiz or a daily worksheet could have helped the class to make better grades.

31. 1. Chemistry grew me in more ways than I could’ve imagined. Above all, my maturity grew. I realized how high I placed my academics compared to my spiritual life, my family life, my social life, and my athletic life. I learned that academics are important, but they should never be placed atop all of these things. I say this like I didn’t study for 5+ hours for tests in the beginning of the year, but as the year went on, I learned what I specifically needed to do to study and that it’s okay not to run myself ragged. I also learned how trusting God in times that seem impossible, like the chemistry project, can lead to beautiful fruits. When I placed the stress of work and tests in God’s hands, a weight was lifted off my shoulders and tasks became less impossible and more doable and enjoyable. I also grew in my relationships with my classmates. The bonds I formed with certain classmates definitely made this class more fun, less scary, and overall less impossible. Overall, this class taught me how to work, to be proud of myself, to trust in God more, and to enjoy things even when they get hard.
    2. Advice I would give to future students would be to not let what people tell you direct your anxieties and stress. I was dreading sophomore year with the horrors of honors chemistry and the insane chemistry project I’d been told about since I was little. You’ll learn that this class is definitely doable, but it’s also definitely not easy. Pace yourself. Do not become lazy. These things are great, but also, do not let this class rule your life. It’s such a fun class, and once you let the stress go, it’s seriously enjoyable. Bond with your classmates, have fun in labs, don’t forget your web posts, learn more about yourself and God’s perfect creation, and grow both mentally and spiritually. Don’t let the stress of chemistry take away from you totally soaking up sophomore year and enjoying chemistry as a whole because this class is seriously amazing.
    3. To have helped me learn better, I would say reviewing more consistently would have been very helpful! I had many occasions when I got to tests, and I could not remember chunks of the material we covered. It would’ve been helpful to go over material more heavily as time went on.

32. 1) Chemistry grew me in a couple different ways. I learned how to really study and prepare myself for tests and projects. Chemistry has also taught me to trust in God and let him take control. I can not control what happens in my life or what grade i get on an assignment but i can still try my hardest and that’s all that matters in the end.
    2) Advice i would give to future students is to study a few days in advance and not pile everything up until the night before. I would say to start the lost project as soon as it was assigned because it’s extremely time consuming. I would also say not to stress over grades because if you try your best, God will do what is best for you.
    3) Something that could have helped me learn better would have been to spread out my studying. I did a lot of my work not paying good attention to what i was doing and really understanding the material. I think that spreading out work could have been easier for my mind to remember things long term.

33. 1) Throughout the year chemistry has to prepare for any assignments before it’s too late. It’s also taught me different ways of studying. If your study habits aren’t working, then there’s multiple different study strategies that can help you increase your test scores.
    2) Do not procrastinate. I’ve found the result of this to be very negative.
    3) Maybe a little bit more rehearsing and reviewing different chemistry equations, as well as the other material covered during the year. I feel like this would’ve allowed us to have a better understanding of this material.

34. 1. Chemistry has helped me grow in working hard and not waiting till last minute to study for tests. It has also shows me the wonders of the world that God has created.
    2. Do not procrastinate. It’s your worst enemy. If you do everything on time you will be fine.
    3. If i would have studied shorter on multiple night instead a lot on few night i think I would have been better off.