Physics 4-20-23 Sound Intensity and Resonance

PHYSICS: All kinds of ways to make music! And great discussion of intensity and resonance! Were you okay with the problems?

Couple of items to apply for further contemplation – so how does the whole hearing thing work? I mean, I know the little bones in your ear move, but why? Is resonance involved? Great item for application/discussion!

flickr photo by Morning Guitar

14 thoughts on “Physics 4-20-23 Sound Intensity and Resonance

1. This week I would rate myself a 4/5 stars. I was able to get homework done and was able to understand the physics classroom. I am happy where we are at on the project. But I fell that things are catching up and I have so many things coming up with school work, end of the year projects, graduation, and track. This next two weeks will be grueling. I hope that if I can use my time wisely and do not get too far behind I will be able to still maintain everything.

2. This week I would rate myself a 4/5. I give this rating as I was able to stay on top of most of the course work and was able to understand the notes pretty easily. Furthermore, the physics classroom was very easy to complete. However, this week I struggled with time management as I had to juggle all of my other classes’ work and multiple projects. To fix this, I will plan out my days next carefully and see if that helps with the issue.

3. This week I would rate myself a 3/5 I am behind on my physics and pre cal homework and struggling to get everything done but I will work on it over the weekend and get caught up.

4. This week I rate myself a 4/5. Homework was a bit heavier this week, but I was able to finish all of it on time by using my free time. However, I still could have worked a bit ahead on some homework, and elected not to. Next week I will try my best to not put things off as the year comes to an end.

5. This week I rate myself a 2/5. I am so tired and mildly dissatisfied with how much work we still need to do on the rube. I also wish that I was able to pay attention more, recently I’ve been too tired to pay attention. I have been working a lot of nights. I also am just very ready to be done.

6. This week I would rate myself a 4/5. It was busy, but I didn’t get behind on anything and I feel like I understood the lessons pretty well. Also, it was fun playing with the whirling noise tubes.

7. This week I rate myself a 4/5. I completed all of the homework in a timely manner and understood all of the new concepts that we learned this week. My group also completed our Rube Goldberg project ahead of time, alleviating a good amount of stress for this week.

8. I would rate myself 4/5 stars for this week. I was a little behind after missing the day Monday but I did well to catch up. I am struggling to understand the chapter but I am going to work ahead to prepare for the test.

9. This week was quiet in physics but good. I did all of my work despite craziness in other classes and areas of school, which was extremely positive. I’m very excited to graduate in just a short time.

10. This week was 3/5. Senoritis is hitting hard and I am trying my best to fight it. The Rube Cube is doing decent and I’m hoping to do well on it. I think next week will be even harder, but with due dates next week, the crazy stress will be out and I can breathe a breath of fresh air.

11. I’d give myself 4/5 this week. I did well on the homework, I got good sleep, and I started going back to the gym after not going for about a week. The Rube machine is progressing well. Senioritis is definitely happening, but its not too intense

12. This week has been calm yet hectic. Inside the classroom, the lectures were understandable, and I did not procrastinate on the homework. However, outside the classroom, trying to finish the Rube Goldberg has been extremely chaotic, as my partners and I have been extremely busy.

13. This week I rate myself a 4/5. I understand what we have been learning in class. Also our Rube Goldberg is going well.

14. This week I would rate myself a 4 out of 5! I remembered my web post!!! Also I finished homework in a timely fashion and understood what I was doing. I take one point off for not zoning out at times during class. I will do better next week and watch old web posts if i don’t understand.