Physics 3-22-23 Simple Harmonic Motion & Springs

PHYSICS: So what do you reckon is the spring constant of a trampoline spring? Here’s our discussion from Friday on simple harmonic motion and springs.

Did you figure out what was wrong with that problem? 😉

Photo by Brice Brown on Unsplash

14 thoughts on “Physics 3-22-23 Simple Harmonic Motion & Springs

1. This week I would rate myself a 4/5 because I was able to comprehend the lab quickly, gather data efficiently, and stay on top of homework. However, I would wait until later in the night to start the homework; thus, in order to fix this, I will start the homework, no matter how hard or easy it is, earlier in the day.

2. This week I would rate myself a 2/5. I wasn’t super productive and didn’t get a lot of sleep. I also forgot to check homework, though I got lucky when we didn’t have it most days. I want to improve next week by getting to bed early and doing homework first thing when I get home

3. I rate this week a 5/5. I’m happy with my strong start to my last nine weeks at Northpoint. I plan to make the most in everything that I do. To the next few weeks and to physics

4. This week I rate myself a 4/5. I completed all of my homework on time, even going to bed earlier than I usually do some nights. Next week I can try to improve this even more by furthering my understanding of periodic motion.

5. This week I would rate myself a ⅘ stars. I was able to get all my work done and I was able to wrap my head around the concepts for this new chapter. However I was probably not as productive as I should and probably did not get enough sleep as I should. Inorder to combat this I will use my time more wisely and go to bed earlier.

6. This week I rate myself 2/5 because I went to bed way too late every night when I had to get up early every morning. As a result, I was way too tired at school and struggled to focus. Next week, I’m going to force myself to go to bed early so that I will not have the same issue.

7. I rate this week a 1/5. I have a lot of work to make up from when I was gone. Because of this I went to bed late and got behind on some of my other stuff. Now that I am caught up I hope next week will be better.

8. This week I rate myself a 4/5. I had little homework in most of my classes, so I was able to get a bit ahead and use some of my extra time to look at college stuff. I also had to adjust to my new swim practice schedule, so I was pretty tired most of the week and did not use my free nights as well as I could. Hopefully when I get adjusted to my new schedule I will feel less tired at night and be able to get stuff done.

9. This week I turned 18. And for that reason it was absolutely excellent. Also the homework load this week was light which made things enjoyable, but I’ve completely ignored the homework due next week, which means that next week will probably not be fun at all. I will be working this weekend to try to more evenly space out my work so that I’m not overloaded all of next week.

10. I would rate this week with a 5/5. It’s crazy to be starting the last nine weeks at Northpoint and while it’s a great feeling and it’s extremely bittersweet. I hope that I will finish out the next few weeks being the best I can be in school and my daily routine.

11. I’d rate myself 3/5 this week. I did well in class, but I did not get much sleep. In the future, I will focus on making sure I get to sleep on time

12. This week went pretty well. We began our last 9 weeks at Northpoint, and the very short amount of time that we have left still feels surreal. Regarding physics, I was able to complete my homework in a timely manner, and we were efficient with our lab. The next 7 weeks are going to be jam-packed though, but I hope to finish out strong.

13. I would rate this week with 5/5 stars. It has been a fairly simple week, work wise and I have made great progress on my explorer zone exhibit and my group was extremely successful in the egg drop lab. I hope that next week I will be efficient and and manage my time as I finish up scholarships and lab reports.