Chemistry 2-28-23 Percent Yield

CHEMISTRY: So are you a cookie dough lover? Not me – I like my cookies crispy!

Here’s the last of the applications of stoichiometry problems – percent yield. Be careful to remember that percent yield is all about product. The masses in the formula will be from products. The masses of the reactants will only be used to find the mass of the product.

You realize what we’ve done… we’ve finished the chapter!!

Photo by Pam Menegakis on Unsplash

6 thoughts on “Chemistry 2-28-23 Percent Yield

1. My triumph this week is being prepared. I have written good notes, was prepared for lab, and have been studying this week for the test early. I think I have done a good job and hope to continue this by writing down what I need to do and allotting more time to studying.

2. My triumph this week is getting all the notes down and understanding them. I think I was able to do that because I just didn’t write the notes but also wrote them in a way I can understand them. I hope to keep up with my good work.

3. This week, I did well at redoing the lab. Despite my first attempt not going so well, me and my lab partner were able to find a good time, meet, and do the lab patiently with each other despite the computer issues we faced. We were able to redo the lab better because we now knew more about what we planned on doing and were prepared to try again.

4. My triumph for this week is getting all my notes taken the correct way to help me understand how to do stoichiometry and percent yield better. I did this by rewatching the vod-cast and going through it step by step with myself and adding side notes

5. My triumph for this week was actually understanding and taking in the notes that were taught from each lesson. I felt like we focused more on practicing problems and equations this week more than other weeks and it helped a lot when it came to the test.

6. My triumph this week is learning and understanding everything better, and also being able do a redo on my lab and doing it better the second time. We practiced more in general and it really helped me understand the content a lot better. I also started practicing more at home so that helped out a ton also.