Chemistry 1-23-23 Describing Chemical Reactions

CHEMISTRY: So you learned last semester how to determine if a chemical reaction has taken place. How would you go about describing a chemical reaction to someone? Here’s our discussion from today on writing balanced chemical equations!

First step in writing equations? Make sure you can write chemical formulas! First step to that? Memorization!!

So tell me again – how do you know if a chemical reaction has occurred? Here’s another hint – not necessarily a good idea to try to make your own blue flame thrower! Click here to watch the Periodic Videos Blue Flame Thrower Video

Photo credit: Periodic Videos Blue Flame Thrower Video

11 thoughts on “Chemistry 1-23-23 Describing Chemical Reactions

1. I would rate my progress this semester 4/5 stars. This semester I have stopped waiting till the last minute to start studying for tests and quizzes. I start studying at least 4-5 days before we have a test or quiz so then I am not trying to cram everything in the night before. I have also begun taking better notes in class and writing down all the examples Mrs. Skinner uses during the lessons instead of just writing what’s on the board.

2. So far this semester I would rate myself 3/5. I feel like I could have put in more focus when I’m studying and preparing for tests. I will start studying days in advance instead of trying to understand and learn the night before. I will also try to not zone out in class when were learning something new.

3. This semester I would rate myself a 4/5. I could stay focused on class this month instead of zoning out. I have also been ready for the labs. I could do better with studying earlier, so I will start studying days in advance.

4. This semester I would rate myself a 3/5 because I could do better at studying and note taking. I have done better at being prepared for labs.

5. I would rate myself a 4 on this semester so far. I have done well preparing for the lessons each day and getting all the notes down. I wouldn’t give myself a 5 because I haven’t done great with preparing for the labs. I could improve on this by reading the labs several times before the lab.

6. This semester I’d rate myself a 4/5 because I’ve kept up with all my homework and I was able to understand the lesson a lot quicker than previous lessons. I also finally started studying for a test before the day before. I think that if I keep this up I’ll be able to make this semester better than last semester!

7. My rating so far for this semester would be a 4/5 because I have made sure to make it my first priority to complete all homework that is assigned and I have also created better study habits. The only reason I didn’t give myself a 5/5 is because I didn’t do as good as I would’ve liked to on a lab and I can fix that by making sure to read all instructions more carefully and work in a timely manner.

8. I would rate myself a 4/5 so far this semester. I’ve studied well and payed attention. Minus one because i rush through my work and mess up.

9. I would rate myself this semester a 4/5 because I’ve been better about staying on task and getting my homework done and staying on top of web post too. Not a 5 because I procrastinate on studying for test

10. This 9 weeks I would rate myself a 3/5 while I have done better about being prepared for lbs and quizzes I haven’t been remembering the homework’s as much.

11. This semester I would rate myself a 4/5. I have been taking good notes and preparing well for labs. However, I have forgotten one homework assignment, so I could improve in that.