Physics 11-30-22 Power & the Horsepower Lab

PHYSICS: So how many horsepower do you have? Hmmmm…..

Here’s the super short lecture from today on power – beginning with #46 from last night’s homework, and then a quick look at the power lab. Now go forth and conquer the power problems!

flickr photo by Thomas Hawk

13 thoughts on “Physics 11-30-22 Power & the Horsepower Lab

1. This week I would rate myself a 4.5 out of 5 stars. I was able to keep up with my homework this week and make up the lab that I missed. However, there was a homework problem that I had trouble figuring out. I will work on working on that problem that I missed.

2. This week I would rate myself a 3/5. While I did all of my homework by the due date, I have failed to work on homework that is due later, even though I have had free time and need to have it done since I have a travel meet this weekend.

3. This week I rate myself a 3/5. This week was very busy with many assignments due in most of my classes. I never got behind, but I allowed myself to stress more than I should have over these things. Leading up to exams, I know the stress will get worse so I will do my best to remain calm so I can stay focused and get my work done.

4. This week was very stressful. I fell behind in homework from the week I was gone and got behind in studying. I am hoping I can fix this over the weekend and catch up. Because of this I rate myself a 1 out of 5.

5. This week I rate myself a 4/5. I am understanding the concepts of this chapter and have been able to figure out the problems. I also did good on the labs we did. I need to continue to review and work problems before the test next week.

6. this week was definitely a struggle week for me because I had so much makeup work and tests do to as well as staying on top of the work for a new chapter this week. i should have been better about doing more physics in addition to other classes over the break because of how it could’ve lessened the stress of all the activities this week. it’s the end of the week but i will be sure to be efficient and focus for next weeks work this weekend.

7. This week was eerily calm. I did somewhat on the homework, which was obviously very encouraging. However, as I begin to review for the test and look at earlier notes, I am concerned about how much I have retained. I will have to thoroughly work problems to be able to keep up with all of the information. To be honest, next week will be very very bad. I am scared. Very scared.

8. This week I would rate myself a 4/5 because I was very good with time management for this class, and, as a result, was able to get homework, labs, and a little study time in in a reasonable amount of time throughout the week! However, next week is going to be tough, so this weekend will really test my time management skills.

9. I rate myself a 1 out of 5 for this week. I am still super far behind from the week I missed especially in physics. I am going to take this weekend and completely get caught up in every class.

10. I rate myself a 1/5 this week. This week the earliest I left the school was 6pm. Between the play, my car being taken to the shop twice over the week, and all the make up work, I have felt extremely burnt out and I am still very far behind. My goal is to catch up even further over the weekend and next week, then enjoy a peaceful weekend next weekend.

11. This week drained me as many assignments were due in multiple of my classes. While I thoroughly understood the physics concepts from this week and did well on the homework, I am very concerned about the test on Monday, as I have retained very little information after Thanksgiving break. This weekend, I have to be very productive in studying and completing as many assignments as possible so I can minimize my stress during the upcoming week. The next two weeks will be extremely draining, and I must be wise with my time, which is hard for me to do.

12. My struggle this week (and last week) was getting enough sleep. With the play, I had much less time after school dedicated to non-theater things. In the future, I will try to avoid this going to sleep on time.