Physics 9-13-22 Chapter 2 Concepts Review

PHYSICS: You can do this!! First here’s the conceptual review we did today, bumblebees, etc. At the end, we took a look the single splash problem. Below that is the help session from Monday morning.

God bless you as you prepare for the test! I’m praying for you!!!

Photo by Nicolas Häns on Unsplash

Monday Morning Help Session

13 thoughts on “Physics 9-13-22 Chapter 2 Concepts Review

1. This week I triumphed on my first physics test. Although I know my grade has a lot of room for improvement, I felt my understanding of the material was good. My only issue was time, most of my work is correct. I will rework problems more for the next test. I should have done the problems again and again, but I probably only did each one three times.

2. I would give myself a 3/5 star rating this week. I did better than I expected on the first test, but I made many careless errors on the problems because I was rushed. I have always been a slower worker, so in the future I will try setting time limits for myself so that I can correctly work problems faster

3. This week a triumph was I did well on the problems part of the test. I am very happy about that. I went back to every homework problem we had that I also had the answer to and reworked them until I was able to know why and understand why we did what we did. I also rework them until I can do them without looking at my homework. I did however did struggle with the multiple choose for the test. I will have to have more practice on the conception of things, thru via physic class room or by reading some Pual Huet problems.

4. Being honest, I would give myself a 2/5 for this week because I did horrible on the physics test even though I thought I had practiced and studied enough before hand, but I guess stress and my understanding of the material wasn’t as good as I thought it was. Other than that failure, the week itself was good with the lab and engineering challenge going well. I plan to attempt to fix these issues by doing more problems and reworking those that I seem to know how to do.

5. My struggle this week was the test. The issues wasn’t that I didn’t understand the problems, but that I didn’t teach myself to work them quickly. The stress of the test on top of the time limit makes it very difficult to think through the problems if you are not used to working them under a time restraint. Now that I know this, I will be sure to time myself as I work problems before the next test, and I will make sure that I am able to think through them in a short amount of time.

6. This week I rate myself a 4/5. This week we had our first physics test. I did not do too bad but I know I can do better next time. I knew how to do everything on the test, but I made a few mistakes because I felt rushed. I was able to finish the whole test, but I made a few careless errors. Next time I will practice the problems more so that I can work them faster. Also this week I did very well on the lab and design challenge.

7. This week I rate myself a 2/5 I really struggled this week with our first test and I am going to have to retake it next week. I want to do well in this class but restrictions on time and my own understanding of the conceptual ideas presented in this chapter caused me to not do well on this first test. I am going ot go back this weekend and the next week leading up to my retake preparing better for the problems and the conceptual multiple choice question.

8. my struggle is week was probably the test, not necessarily the test itself because i overcame my expectations with my grade, but my preparation could’ve been way better. i should have practiced problems for time, not just being able to solve them. i hope to be better at this for next time by preparing differently and be able to act on it for the test.

9. This week, though rocky in terms of grades not just on the test but in other areas, was an extreme triumph because of the new information I learned and garnered. I struggled on the test, but I now know how to prepare for them in the future. Now that the first one is out of the way, I can focus solely on trusting my preparation that I do for the tests instead of stressing before, during, and even after the test. I will look to learn and adjust even further as I take more and more tests in this class.

10. I would rate myself 5/5 this week because of how well I did on the test. I did much better than expected; I got an A. I think I was able to do well because I worked practice problems on my own by redoing the review worksheet on this blog until I got all the questions correct. Hopefully the next test will be similar

11. My struggle for the week was the physics test. I was comfortable with the material, but I wasn’t fast enough at working the problems. Going forward, I will practice working with a time constraint so that I will be able to finish my test. Although my grade greatly discouraged me at first, I know what I need to do in order to succeed next time.

12. This week I would rate myself 4 stars. I passed my physics test! My team also won first in the engineering challenge. Overall it was a good week. I deducted 1 star because I do think I should have studied more. Even though I passed the test I think I could have done better with better preparation.

13. This week, I rate myself 4/5 stars. I prepared relatively well for the test, but made careless mistakes on it. I knew the material, but I rushed myself to be careless due to the time restraint. Thus, I need to work on managing my time during tests. I’ve learned a lot about myself and the class this week, and this information will help me adjust as the class progresses.