Hon Chemistry 9-12-22 Graphing Exercise 1

HON CHEMISTRY: Today you are going to learn (or review) how to make graphs using Excel Online.

Here are the instructions for Monday. (You are going to be dreaming about graphs!!)

IMPORTANT: Rough drafts of both graph are due Tuesday by class time. The entire assignment must be submitted by this coming Wednesday, September 14, class time.

FIRST: You will be doing Exercise 1 with Excel Online. Students can use this for free! Your first step is to go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/education/products/office to sign up for a free Office 365 account with your school email and get FREE access to Microsoft Office products. Using Excel online, you can do this assignment at school or at home and access it with your own computer, tablet, phone, etc.

FOR TODAY: Click below for the files you need for today. You can also find these handouts under the Worksheet tab.

Graphing Exercises 1 & 2

EXCEL Online Graphs Tutorial

Checklist for a Good Graph

Excel Online Subscripts & Superscripts: If you ever need to add subscript or superscripts to the axis labels in Excel online, you can copy and paste whatever number you need from this set in to the axis title.

⁰¹²³⁴⁵⁶⁷⁸⁹₀₁₂₃₄₅₆₇₈₉

Now go forth and conquer graphs!!

3 thoughts on “Hon Chemistry 9-12-22 Graphing Exercise 1

1. This week I struggled with the block lab. I asked my group how to measure certain things and how to do my paper the right way and they helped a lot.

2. Through a new experiment measuring objects falling in orbit, scientist have confirmed that all objects fall at the same rate. This is essential in many of Einstein’s theories, such as the the theory of general relatively. Although this is a great development for classical physics, the theory of general relatively does not fit with the current accepted quantum mechanics.