Hon Chemistry 12-7-21 Double Replacement & Combustion Reactions & Review

HON CHEMISTRY: Great job today! Is equation balancing a little clearer now? Here’s another look at completing and then balancing double replacement and combustion reactions. Now go forth and practice! 🙂

Photo by Joel Wyncott on Unsplash

13 thoughts on “Hon Chemistry 12-7-21 Double Replacement & Combustion Reactions & Review

1. Rate/Reflect- I would rate myself a 4 stars this semester. At the beginning I was super stressed and worried to death over everything. But now I know that as long as I prepare as much as I can and know how to apply what I learn, then whatever grade I make is my best. And to be honest, I’ve come to enjoy chemistry quite a lot.

• Rate- I would rate myself 3 stars for this semester. I give myself this rating because I am not as organized as I would like. I also think that I could have studied better for tests and quizzes. For next semester, I am going to make sure that I am more organized and well prepared for the work that is to come.

2. Rate/Reflect: I would rate myself 3.5 I studied well for most test and tried to be very organized. I think I could work to improve some of my study methods and how I mange stressing over chemistry and grades. I want to use all my study habits from this semester to next and implement a few more. Chemistry is really enjoyale when I’m not stressing over things I can and do prepare for.

3. Rate/Reflect: I would give myself 4 out of 5 stars this semester. Coming into chemistry was a nightmare, because my whole elementary life I was always told to memorize something, but not necessarily how to apply it. to combat this, i decided to do more practice problems than normal, ask more questions, and understand layouts of tests/quizzes before i take them. I definitely notice improvement in how i can now apply the things i have memorized vs just memorizing to recite.

4. Rate & Reflect-
    I rate myself 4 stars because I put in a lot of effort into not just knowing the information to know it for the test, but to understand it and be able to apply it. I practiced working problems a lot and did all my homework to the best of my ability. Two things I think I could have done better are implementing effective study strategies and dealing with stress. I think I need to practice being faster and finding ways to make things stick in my head for the long run. I also need to relax and realize that if I have done my best then there’s no point in freaking out because my grade is ultimately in God’s hands.

5. Rate- I would rate myself 3.5 stars for this semester. I did well with getting everything turned in on time and correctly, but there were some subjects that i didn’t fully understand. I didn’t strive to understand those, i just felt with it. I think i could do better about being intentional in Chemistry

6. R: I would rate myself a 4/5 this semester. Although I had some hiccups here and there, I feel like I always learned from the experience, which is more valuable to me than just doing everything perfectly the first time. I also feel like I learned a lot about myself and my optimal study habits this semester, and I plan to use what I’ve learned in the second semester!

7. I give myself a 4 out of 5 stars this semester. I’ve kept an A grade through both nine weeks and learned a lot of maturity. I didn’t give myself the extra star because i’ve forgotten to turn in a few assignments and my grade could improve.

8. Rate- this semester I’d rate myself a 3 out of 5. I rate myself this because I still have a 4.33 gpa overall and my chemistry grade is not too bad but overall I definitely could have put in more effort. Especially with chemical formulas because I’m going to have to spend a lot of time this weekend studying all the formulas and common substances for the exam

9. This semester i give myself 4 stars out of 5. I feel like i did pretty good this semester with doing my homework and assignments. I didn’t give myself the 5th star because i feel like i made a lot of avoidable mistakes on every test/quiz i took.

10. Rate/reflect; I give myself a 3 star for this semester. I kept up with assignments pretty well and learned how to prepare for tests better, and I have learned a lot.

11. Goal for the second semester: My goal for the last half of the year is to pay more attention to the syllabus. I had a bad habit of skimming it over instead of reading it. As a result of not reading it, I didn’t print out a lot of the pages and would forget to read over a lab. I plan to be better prepared this semester.

12. Goal for 2nd semester: last semester I didn’t fully understand labs beforehand, either I would skim them or not even read them before, so often I wasn’t too sure on what I was doing. This semester I am going to read and comprehend what I am doing on the labs before, so I make better grades and work more efficient.