Chemistry 10-28-21 Energy, Heat & Temperature

CHEMISTRY: Great discussion today on the difference in heat and energy! Can you apply what you know? So why did that paper cup of water not burn in the Bunsen burner flame? And you boiled water in it? Awesome! And a great topic for discussion!

Today’s lesson is below, and blow that is another take on the explanation for boiling water in a paper cup.

Now what about that test tomorrow? Are you ready?!

Photo by Yaoqi LAI on Unsplash

Boiling Water in a Paper Cup

86 thoughts on “Chemistry 10-28-21 Energy, Heat & Temperature

1. I rated my performance on the test a 5 star because I made an A and got to put a star on the wall. I will continue you to study hard to keep my grades up.

2. I rate myself a two star because I believe I need to take better, longer, and neater notes. I took bad notes and did not study them very well.

3. I would rate my Chapter 1 test a 2.5 out of 5 because I didn’t do well on my test. I will change it by studying harder and applying not just memorizing.

4. I rate my test 3 stars. I need to study more than I usually do. I will fix this by not putting it off till the last minute and actually studying.

5. I rate my performance on the test 2 out of 5 stars. I rate my self this because I didn’t make a good grade. I will fix this by putting more effort into studying and practice more on what we learn.

6. I would rate my test a 2 out of five stars. I gave myself this rating becuase I thought I could studied an hour more. So next time I know to review my self longer. I could have also taken my time on my test and read the questions more carefully.

7. I rate myself a 4 out of five on the test. I think I could have studied a little better than I did. Next time I will study a little longer and differently than this test.

8. I rate my chapter 1 performance 3 stars as i did not do very well on the test. I will allow myself more time to study and try different ways to study.

9. I rate my chapter 1 test 1 star. I didn’t do well at all. I’m going to find a different way to study though because I don’t think I’ve been studying correctly and study a lot sooner than I have been.

10. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would have to rate myself as 7 out of 10. While I made an A on the test, I barely studied and I did not study certain concepts and definitions well enough to apply them. I need to study in detail next time, especially the material that could be on a discussion question.

11. I would give myself a six out of ten. I think my biggest mistake was trying to memorize and not learn. Next time I will start studying much earlier for the test.

12. I rate myself a 3 star for Chapter 1. I did not do very well on the test, and missed many easy questions. Next time I will prepare better by studying more and learning the periodic table of elements. I will also start to study sooner then I did last time.

13. I would rate myself a 4 out of 5 starts, I did not do as good as I wanted on the test, but I have been doing well on the activities and labs. I will try and do better by studying more and being able to apply what I learn

14. I think I did ok on the chapter 1 test. I need to work on studying easy things more because I messed up some of the elements.

15. I rate myself a 2 ot of a 5 because I still can’t figure out how to study well for the test. The way I’m going to fix this by keep focusing and keeping trying learn the terms for an everyday life not just know know why.

16. I rate my test performance a 2 star out of 5 stars. I could have studied way more than I did. I only studied over Quizlet and read over my notes. I could do alot better in the future. I could also do better at looking back over the test when I take it. I normally rush through to finish instead of taking my time and checking over everything twice.

17. I rate my chapter 1 test 2 out of 5 stars. I thought I would have done better on it, but I didn’t. I made a better grade than some people in the class but still my grade was not that good. I hopefully want to find a way to do better. I studied but still I guess what I studied wasn’t enough.

18. I rate myself 3/5 because I didn’t do as well on my test as I could have done. I am going to try and find different ways to study. I also did good on labs and activities this week.

19. I would rate myself 3 out of 5 stars. I did not do as good on the test as i would have liked to and i think that is due to two things. The first being not studying far enough in advance for the test, which led to memorization not learning. The second was knowing the definition of something but not being able to apply it.

20. I would rate myself 5/5 stars this week. I got all my work done, and I did well on my test. I will keep trying different ways of studying until I find one that I think works best. I will do better on the discussion questions by putting more in it than needed.

21. I rate my test and week this week a 6 out of 10 due to the fact that while I knew most of the application the memorization was hard on me and made me realize what I need to focus more on studying next time and that I may need to find a new method of studying.

22. I would rate myself a 3.5/5 stars, because I got all of my work done and turned in on time, but my performance on the test was not as well as I wanted. I will fix this by challenging myself more when studying and reviewing the material more thoroughly.

23. I rate myself 3/5 because I didn’t do as well on my test as I could have done. I am going to try and find different ways to study. I also did good on labs and activities this week.

24. I rate myself 3/5 because I did not do as well on my test as I could have done. I am going to try and find different ways to study. I also did good on labs and activities this week.

25. I would rate my performance on the chapter 1 test 9/10 stars because I made a high A. Something I will repeat for future test is spending a lot of time learning how to apply the concepts we are taught.

26. I would rate my performance on the test 3 out of 5 stars. I did well with application but I didn’t memorize all of the definitions well enough.

27. I rate myself 2 out of 5 stars because I didn’t make a great grade. I will fix this by studying harder and using more study tools to help me do better on the next test. I’m proud of myself for getting all the element symbols right also.

28. I would rate myself a 3 star because I think an 83 is very average. I think my main weakness in studying is not giving myself enough time to look over the material. I often end up waiting until the night before to cram.

29. I rate myself a 7.5/10 in Chemistry this week. While I made a decent grade on the test, I believe that I could’ve made a better one. There were some topics that I got confused on, so I should’ve studied those topics more. Besides the test, I did a good job getting my work done, and paying full attention during class.

30. I rate my test a 2 because I do no think I did my best on it. I’m going to make sure I study more and learn it, not just. memorize for the next test and be sure to study well in advance, too.

31. I rate myself a 4 out of 5 stars for this test. I think i did good over all, but i definitely could’ve understood the information better. I memorized most information instead of being able to apply it.

32. I rate myself 3/5 stars. I didn’t to horrible but I still didn’t study enough. I will start studying days in advance and be sure to write down applications of things u teach and study them.

33. I rate my Chapter 1 test a two star. I felt like I should read the questions on the test better. Also I felt like I should have spent more time going over the material. I need to have a better understanding of how to apply everything with examples.

34. I rate my performance on the test 3 out of 5 stars. I made a B . I did so much better than my first test and i study a different way for this one . I’m going to keep studying the way i did and keep a good attitude about it .

35. I rate my chapter 1 test performance a 2 out of 4. I feel like I did better with taking notes and having whats on the test in the notes so I will definitely repeat taking the right notes but I also feel I need to study the right way too because I am just memorizing while I am supposed to be applying and learning.