Hon Chemistry 10-13-21 Classification of Matter

HON CHEMISTRY: Happy Wednesday! Great job today on asking questions to classify matter! How are you doing on the examples of homogeneous and heterogeneous matter? Here’s a question to think about again, can you tell me three different types of homogeneous matter?

And no, this isn’t part of a moonshine still, but it is copper and I thought it looked kind of cool! Speaking of….why do you think they use copper coil in stills??

flickr photo by cobalt123

10 thoughts on “Hon Chemistry 10-13-21 Classification of Matter

1. Goal for Chemistry 2nd Term:
    My goal for this class in the 2nd nine weeks is to be ahead on my assignments so I’ll have less stress on my plate. I’m going to accomplish this by taking smaller assignments and doing them earlier so I have more time when I need to study for tests and quizzes.

• My goal for the second term is to give myself more time to do my assignments and not stress out over them. To let this happen, I will start studying more in advance and doing homework sooner and more efficiently. This will allow me to not cram the night before or only memorizing the material

2. My goal for the second term is to be diligent in my work and be prepared. I did well at studying ahead of time, printing out assignments/syllabus, taking good notes, and overall learning and applying information rather than just memorizing it. I know One way I will try to meet my goal/standards is to start studying for our chapter 1 test. I will also write down assignments in my planner to be more organized.

3. My goal for Chemistry second term is to relax a little more and enjoy the labs. I was really stressed about Chemistry because all we’ve heard is that it’s a hard class. While it does take effort, it can be done. This term, I plan on enjoying the studying, labs, and even tests.

4. Goal- My goal for chemistry is to study to the best of my ability, but accept the things I cannot change. A way to achieve that is to set aside time to study for chemistry and to realize and remind myself that God is sovereign over everything, even 10th grade chem.

5. Goal for 2nd Term:
    While I could say that my goal is to “try my best,” and that’s definitely a good goal to have, I think that I’m more motivated by actual, tangible goals. With that being said, my goal for the 2nd term is to make an A+ (97+) on a test or a lab write-up. To do this, I’m going to carefully answer each question and use care so that I don’t forget stupid things. For example, I’m going to check that each lab write-up is double spaced before I turn it in.

6. My goal for the second nine weeks of chemistry is to work to the best of my ability and still leave time for my family/little sister’s games. I missed out on most of her volleyball games because i waited until the last minute to do things that i could have done earlier. This quarter i am going to try and achieve this by working my hardest to get ahead by checking the syllabus more and maybe doing homework ahead of time when i know im going to be busy.

7. My goal for the second nine weeks is to study more thoroughly for tests. I noticed that many of the questions I missed on my test were due to careless mistakes. If I study over a longer period of time, instead of studying last minute, that problem may be solved. Also, studying more for my test will allow me not to stress as much on the day of the test.

8. My goal for chemistry this second term is to give myself more time to do assignments and not procrastinate as much. I also want to not let time get to me too much during the tests because the questions I have missed, were mostly due to careless errors that were because of me stressing over the time.

9. I rate myself a 4/5 this week. I didn’t get to be there for the prelab on Tuesday, but I did come back with a good idea on what we needed to do for the lab. We finished in good time and the design challenge was great.