Hon Chemistry 10-4-21 Writing Formal Lab Reports

HON CHEMISTRY: Awesome job today beginning to write your first digital lab reports. Be sure and follow very carefully the directions in the Lab Manuscript Form handout. If you need another copy, it’s under the lab tab. Everything in that handout is an important guideline for writing your lab report.

For an overview of your workflow as you write up labs, be sure and check out the Lab Report Turn In Info sheet under the Lab tab.

Photo by Glenn Carstens-Peters on Unsplash

10 thoughts on “Hon Chemistry 10-4-21 Writing Formal Lab Reports

1. rate and reflect- This week I didn’t make the grade I wanted on our lab apparatus test. So I’d rate myself a two for not studying harder and striving for the grade I wanted.

2. Rate/Reflect: I would give myself a 4 this week so far, because I am proud of the grade i made on my lab apparatus test. I studied hard and it paid off.

• I would rate this week a 5/5 stars because I made a good grade on both the lab apparatus test and a good grade on the elements quiz. It took a lot of brain power for studying and it was pretty stressful but it all paid off in the end because I finished the 9 weeks with a 92

3. Rate/ Reflect: I would rate myself a 4 this week. I started looking over the elements last weekend. I made a Quizlet to help me prepare for this quiz. I know that I need to study a few days before any tests and quizzes. I can gradually learn the information instead of cramming it all into one night and forgetting on the test/quiz day. It’s a lot of little information to learn, so I’m glad I got a little head start.

4. Rate/Reflect- I did well in studying for my lab apparatus test and did well in taking it and checking over it. I would rate myself 5 out of 5 stars because I ended up making a 100 πŸ™‚

5. Rate & Reflect: I would give myself 4 stars this week because I did well on my lab safety test, and I studied really hard for it. I wouldn’t give myself 5 stars because I started studying later than I should’ve, and I made a couple mistakes on the test that could’ve been avoided.

6. I give myself a 3/5 stars on studying for my elements quiz. I feel as though I could’ve studied longer and more effectively. I didn’t know about the test ahead of time and I had to stay up late to study effectively, but I feel like I did get the job done. I would give myself a 3/5 on the week. I did ok,but I could’ve stayed aware of the syllabus more and had my lab ready and printed.

7. Reflection and Rate: I give myself 3 stars this week, because I could have managed my time more efficiently. I should have payed more attention to the syllabus, and I could have studied harder for my elements quiz. I give myself 3 stars instead of 2, because I did a good on my Lab Safety test.

8. Rate and Reflect: I am going to give myself a 3/5 stars this week. I did not let the stress of the element quiz get to me, but the time during the quiz got to me. I knew all of the questions on the quiz, I just got in a hurry during the quiz, and made careless mistakes. I did well studying for this quiz I believe, but I got into a rush during the quiz, and I blanked.

9. R: This week, I would give myself a 5/5. I’m typically very critical of myself and am my own worst judge, but this week I feel confident that I ended the term on a high note. One thing I was particularly VERY proud of was my studying methods in preparation of the element quiz. I started studying on Saturday/Sunday and I did a little bit of memorization every night so that the elements would stick easier in my brain. I was also very diligent when I was working on my lab report, and I feel like I came to conclusions at the best of my abilities.