Chemistry 8-24-21 Significant Figures, Pt 2 & Uncertainty

CHEMISTRY: How’d you do on the homework? Were you able to apply what you learned about sig figs?

Today we also talked about how to write uncertainty. Measuring to the correct number of sig figs and writing uncertainty will be SUPER important tomorrow when you do the lab tomorrow!

flickr photo by Henry Hemming

37 thoughts on “Chemistry 8-24-21 Significant Figures, Pt 2 & Uncertainty

1. This week, I did well in significant figures. I was able to do well because I payed attention in class and asked questions when I needed help.

2. This week with significant figures, I did pretty well and understood all of it. This is because I asked questions throughout the week.

3. This week my triumph was finally catching and understanding SI Units, and significant figures. I got better at this by paying more attention in class, speaking up more, and asking for help when needed.

4. I did well on my chemistry homework and I turning all of my homework in on time. I also did well memorizing all of the Si Standard Units.

5. At the beginning of the week I felt behind on my work. So during my study hall period I went and worked on my assignment in her classroom and now I’m all caught up.

6. This week, my triumph was doing well on my SI units quiz. I did this by paying attention in class and studying hard for it.

7. My triumph for this week is turning in all my assignments on time and not forgetting. I am also doing well at checking the syllabus daily.

8. The triumph moment I had this week in chemistry was doing good on completing my homework and having everything correct. I did well because I did my homework with 100% effort and not just guessing on the problems.

9. The thing I felt like I triumphed over was turning in homework, and staying on top of what we needed to know. I am doing this by checking the syllabus.

10. My triumph this week was getting all my assignments done. we’ve had a lot of assignments and I’ve completed all of them, so I am proud of myself.

11. My triumph this week was knowing and understanding sig figs better. I did this by listening in class and studying extra hard for the quiz. I also completed all the assignments on time which makes me happy.

12. This week I was surprised to learn that I learned significant figures very fast. I did that well because i learned from last week to stay caught up and not to zone out. I hope I can keep this strategy throughout the school year.

13. I did well this week by making a 100 on my SI Units test. I did this by studying the units so that I could know their symbols, values, and how they relate to each other.

14. I got better at doing home work and labs online because I’m starting to pay attention more to key details and not rushing and skipping over the little things.

15. J Robinson C1

This week significant figures was my triumph. I focused in class and was able to understand the lesson well.

16. T I did well on doing my homework and getting ready for test and quizzes. I did that by printing the syllabus and checking old post and looking at the charts. All through I wasn’t the best on the chemistry quiz I will learn and get better at taking quizzes as the year goes on.

17. The triumphe I had in chemistry was the classwork this week. I have gotten them done efficiently, and I will try to keep it that way. With the quiz this week, I feel I did alright and I’m feeling good about this class so far.

18. My triumph this week was getting an A on the quiz. I studied and made sure I knew it and I was actually surprised when I got a good grade.

19. My triumph this week was learning sig figs. I was able to figure them out quickly by paying attention in class and writing down the examples that we went over.

20. Something I triumphed over was doing my homework really well this week. I did this by taking good notes to have from class and listening in class.

21. This week I feel like I struggled in remembering my assignments. I am very forgetful and I will have to come up with a new way to remember things to succeed in this class.

22. My triumph this week was the quiz and studying for it. I had to study many days in advance which is something that I usually don’t do, but it paid off. In the end I made an A on my quiz which I’m very proud of.

23. My triumph was doing well on my homework this week. I did this by paying attention in class, taking good notes, and asking questions when I needed to.

24. My triumph this week was doing well on my SI prefixes quiz. Even though, I missed most of this week; I still got an A. I achieved this by studying at home, and asking Ms.Skinner for a help session.

25. My triumph this week was doing good on my Si Prefixes test. I studied well and correctly with flashcards and achieved an A.

26. My Triumph this week was studying more than I usually do. I honestly just want to change how I did my school work from last year because there were times I didn’t even study for tests and failed them and I usually wait till last minute and only study for about 15 minute thinking I’ve got it down, but i studied more than over an hour writing out everything till I understood it.

27. My triumph this week was staying on top of things like homework and studying for test more than just the day of or the day before. For some reason I’ve been in the mindset that homework doesn’t apply to me and I can just not do it… I realized that this was not the case and that doing homework also helps you study for test and stuff.

28. Last school year I was very bad at getting my work done on time. This week I triumphed it by staying on top of my chemistry and studying.

29. The triumph I had this week was that even though I was sick and not at school, I still found a way to learn and get my homework done. I also am getting caught back up very easily because of the many resources I have that I can use to my advantage.

30. My triumph for this week is understanding sig figs and finally getting the connection. I have also continuously began checking the syllabus daily so I do not fall behind.

31. My triumph this week was getting the rest of my fundamental science skills: measuring exams done before my time ran out. I did it thanks to doing some of the practice questions beforehand and simply doing the exams the best I could. It also really helped when I managed to get the graduated cylinder exam completely right the first time, which gave me confidence that I was being careful enough with measuring whatever quantities I was being given on the exams I took.

32. I am doing pretty well surprisingly on sig figs but I am still kinda confused on what zeros your supposed to count. I haven’t really found anything to relate to the real world situations.

33. My triumph for this week was completing my measurement practices. I had to do them within and hour and I did not expect to finish but I did.