Beginnings

What a great first day! You’re off to a great start on a truly tremendous adventure. I’m so glad you’re in my class and that I’ll be able to share this adventure with you! Here is your assignment for tomorrow and for the next few days.

• TODAY – Sign up for Remind. Follow the instructions on the Technology Overview sheet you got in class today. This sheet is also here on the website under the “Worksheets/Handouts” tab. (Your parents can sign up for this also.)
  • Read the class info sheet front & back – sign it and ask your parents to sign it (front & back!!!). Bring the Class info sheet to class by FRIDAY. You wil need it for an assignment in class. If you need an extra copy, the Class Info sheet is here on the website under the “Class Info” tab on the top left of this page and is also on PowerSchool Learning under Class Syllabus.
  • Enter your information in the form below. You may need to use the scroll bar on the right side of the form to get to the bottom of it. The form must be completed by 8:00 A.M., THIS Monday morning, but I encourage you to do it before then!
  • Check your syllabus daily to see what we are going to be doing in class this week, for homework, and for the due dates for class supplies!!

8 thoughts on “Beginnings

1. In Physics this year, I expect to not just learn about the forces of nature and how they work with one another, but to learn WHY they work with one another, and how to observe and measure them.

2. This year in physics, I expect to learn a lot more than just what physics is about. I expect to learn how to think quicker on my feet, and apply what I learn to real world situations. Most of all, I honestly expect to learn to fail, and then to get back up and try again.

3. In Physics this year, I expect to really grow not only as a student, but as a person. I typically gravitate towards more biological sciences, so the idea of a physics class was and still is very intimidating to me. But, even if I fail at times, there will be something for me to learn from every mistake. From Physics, I also expect to gain a better understanding of the way things work and interact with each other in our world.

4. In physics this year, I expect to learn about how and why various systems in our world work. I expect to stretch the way I think and learn how to solve problems in a creative way. I also expect that I will make mistakes and grow from them in the future.

5. In physics this year I expect to gain a more in-depth understanding of matter and how it interacts within the world. I hope to improve my problem solving skills and to better learn from my mistakes and failures.

6. This year in physics I expect to learn both how matter interacts with other matter and the universe around it as well as how to problem solve more effectively. I will try my best at all I do and learn from failure.

7. This year in physics, I expect to learn extensively about how and why matter behaves in certain ways. I also expect to significantly better my critical thinking and promblem-solving skills. Above all, I expect to learn a lot from Ms. Skinner as a teacher and person especially since I was not in chemistry. Particularly, I expect to discover how to learn from my mistakes and grow as a student and, more importantly, as a person.

8. This year in physics, I hope and expect to learn lots about how matter interests with itself and the rest of the universe, and on top of that, see how God uses physics in all aspects of our lives in this intricately designed world. I also hope to learn how to stay on top of my work, which already I am behind on. And finally, I expect to learn a lot about how I can use the critical thinking and problem solving skills that I will develop in this class in my everyday life.