Chemistry 3-29-21 Intro to Atomic Theory

CHEMISTRY: Here’s the last of our discussion of Dalton’s atomic theory vs. the modern atomic theory. If you weren’t in class today, be sure and get the definitions and applications of allotropes and isotopes. I still say it’s pretty cool that something that was discovered so long ago is something that we use today!

Now on to checking out part of those theories! Today we did Part 1 of the Conservation of Mass lab. If you weren’t in class, you’ll need to make up Part 1 before we do Part 2 in class on Wednesday. You can make it up tomorrow, Tuesday, 5th or 7th periods, or you can come Wednesday morning before school at 7:50 A.M. It will take about 15 minutes. Be sure and read Part 1 of the lab so it will go faster!

41 thoughts on “Chemistry 3-29-21 Intro to Atomic Theory

1. My triumph of the week was taking the ACT and being able to complete it. I may not have made a good grade but I felt confident going into it.

2. Triumph: My triumph for the week would have to be my average in Chemistry. I have worked hard to get my homework completed and completed right. My average reflects my hard work. Another triumph for this week would have to be getting my Lap Report completed early so that I am able to check and make sure everything is right before submitting it.

3. My triumph this week was completing the lab and doing well and doing it right. Another triumph was getting good homework grades. I will continue doing well so my grade will be good.

4. My triumph for this week is being able to finish the lab with the correct steps. I didn’t do it right the first couple of times, but I listened to Ms. Skinner’s advice and used it to figure out the right steps to complete the lab.

5. My triumph this week was completing and understanding the law of conservation of mass part 1 and part 2. The first couple of times I messed up a few little things during the course of the lab but I learned from my mistakes and did the lab correctly.

6. My triumph this week would be bringing my chemistry grade up. This past semester was more difficult for me than first semester but I managed to reach my original goal for this nine weeks/semester. The only obstacle now, is to maintain it.

7. My triumph for this week was doing my lab. I was able to get the correct results on the first try and didn’t have to restart.

8. My triumph this week was getting a lot done on my project. I got a lot done some I will not be stressed out when it gets closer to the due date. I plan on working ahead to stay on top of things.

9. My triumph for this week is listening in class and understanding the lesson. I listened intently in the lesson and talked throughout it, and therefore I believe that I am set for the future.

10. My triumph for the week was reading ahead and being ready for the lab and how to do it. Therefore I was ready and now I better understand the Law of Conservation of Mass

11. My triumph for the week was understanding the lab and knowing why I was doing it. I took more time to read the lab and understand it more.

12. My triumph this week was completing the lab. I listen to the instructions and understood what I was doing the whole time.

13. This semester my triumph was that I brought my chemistry grade up and I did this by doing my extra credit. I hope to maintain this by getting extra credit on the project coming up as well as doing the science in the news.

14. My triumph this week was being able to understand and complete my lab. I didn’t have to restart my lab and got it on the first try.

15. My triumph for this week is my lab. I actually remembered to turn it in to Turnitin.com, which I always forget to do.

16. This week, my triumph was doing well in the practical part of the lab. I just need to work better and more efficiently to raise my class average.

17. My triumph for the week was staring the 4th term off with a good grade in chemistry. I plan on to keep a good grade this term!

18. My triumph this week was only messing up on the lab once which is rare for me since I mess up the labs a lot

19. my triumph this week was the lab. i read the lab and understood the law of conservation of mass to figure out the second part.

20. My triumph this week was understanding our lab and not having to redo it. I will continue to look over notes so I have a greater understanding of labs and homework assignments.

21. This week I triumphed on successfully finishing the lab and not having to redo it a lot. I plan to keep reading the lab before I start so my partner and I know exactly what to do when we start, we have saved time ever since we started doing this as well.

22. my triumph this week is that i have been on top of a my assignments not just in chemistry but all classes. hopefully it will stay like that for the rest of the school year

23. My triumph was looking at my notes from past lab reports to fix the new one. I did this because I wanted to get a better grade than last time. It helped me see my common mistakes.

• My triumph this week was finishing the ACT and answering every problem because i prepared and actually tried to study for it instead of not taking it seriously

24. My triumph this week was staying on top of my assignments. I really did not want to fall behind, especially in chemistry. I made sure to start on my homework early instead of procrastinating as much.

25. This week I triumphed by completing my lab report in class. This allowed me to have less stress going into the weekend.

26. My triumph for this week would be getting ahead on my project and staying prepared. To do this, I worked on research almost every night and made sure I had all of my information and sources organized.

27. My triumph this week was doing my lab report. I always get frustrated when I do them because they take so long but I put on music and make the most of it.

28. My triumph this week was completing my lab and writing my lab report. I did my lab report on time and I didn’t have to stress about it last minute by staying focused.

29. My triumph this week is doing my hardest even when things are getting really busy and crazy. Another triumph was finishing the lab report.

30. My triumph this week was taking good notes and finishing my lab report on time and getting a lot of it done in class on thursday.

31. My triumph this week was definitely finishing my lab report because I was worried I wasn’t going to get it done. But to finish it I started earlier than normal and had good time management.

32. My triumph this week was not procrastinating on the lab report and managing my time well. This helped me so that I had time to do other work and wasn’t cramming all my homework in at the last minute.

33. My triumph this week was writing up the lab accurately and getting it done on time. This helped me be able to relax for the rest of the week.

34. My triumph of the week was completing my lab and lab report and understanding the lab. I usually struggle answering the questions correctly but this week I understood. I also triumphed on our ACT this week.

35. My triumph for the week was understanding the lab. I was worried that I would fall behind since I wasn’t there in person, but I was able to keep up and effectively complete my lab write up.

36. My triumph this week was getting the lab and lab report done early and feeling good about both. That relieved a lot of stress off me this week.

37. My triumph this week was getting my lab report done on time because I thought I wasn’t going to finish it on time. Doing this took a lot of stress off of me.