Chemistry 2-9-21 Activity Series & Single Replacement, Pt. 1

CHEMISTRY: What!?! You mean there aren’t little green people on lonely country roads? 😉

Great job applying the activity series to synthesis and decomposition reactions. As you practice, go back and check the activity series and your notes on the activity series!

Photo by Alexander London on Unsplash

3 thoughts on “Chemistry 2-9-21 Activity Series & Single Replacement, Pt. 1

1. STEM: My Science in the News Assignment this week was over How the Brain Responds to Beauty. I learned that scientists, philosophers and psychologists have been studying this problem for centuries. Many studies have taken place but the main one mention in my article was one that took place at Tsinghua University in Beijing, China. Another interesting fact that I found was that brain scientists favor the idea that there is a beauty center in the brain.

2. I read an article about starfish getting sick. I learned that there is a bacteria called copiotrophs that emptied oxygen out of water. This bacteria lived near the starfish. The starfish have gills that help them breathe by diffusing oxygen from the water. They started dying because of the low level of oxygen.

3. Scientist at Brown University are trying to make treatments for Christianson syndrome (CS). They took 5 samples of blood cells from affected patients and 5 samples of blood cells from their unaffected brothers. They then reprogrammed these cells into stem cells and then converted them into neuron cells. They used two different treatments for these cells. The treatments were gene transfer and administration of tropic factors.