Physics 1-13-21 Collisions Problems Review 2

PHYSICS: Great job with some of the more advanced momentum and energy problems! Here’s a look at the student in the middle of a frozen pond, bird on the wire, and car crash with coefficient of friction.

Ready for the test? Take another look at some of the concepts!

Photo by Jenny Salita on Unsplash

6 thoughts on “Physics 1-13-21 Collisions Problems Review 2

1. This week, I rate myself a 3/5. I thought I understood the concepts of this chapter, but in the middle of the week, I realized I didn’t understand them as well as I thought I did. I have been working slowly to grasp them. The problems are not super hard, and I think I can do them because they are a mixture of past concepts added to the new ones. I am glad for the long weekend so I can study longer. I think these help sessions will help me to get more practice in and talk through what I am doing with others. This week has not been the best for me, but I am determined to push through and persevere!!

2. I rate myself a 2.5 out of 5 this week. I haven’t struggled with the problems (except for a few dumb mistakes), but I have started to really struggle with the conceptual side. I was ok with the conceptual material at the beginning of the chapter, but it all went downhill once we got to the ping pong poppers. I have been struggling with how and why momentum is transferred in the case of bouncing and with the whole thing about two times the force. However, I think I’m starting to better understand the concepts I’ve been struggling with thanks to our conceptual help session and watching the Crash Course Momentum video at least 6-7 times. I’m very worried about the test, but I hope that having a few days to really dive into the conceptual material will help me be prepared by Tuesday!

3. I would rate myself a 3/5 this week. This chapter started off pretty easy to grasp but somewhere along the way I developed a huge misconnect. I didn’t know what I did or didn’t understand. The momentum review worksheet and the help session were extremely helpful. Talking through the answers and why those conclusions were made were a tremendous help for my conceptual understanding of this chapter. The long weekend is highly needed to help me budget time to study for my Spanish, math, and physics tests along with working on scholarship applications. I intend to be very productive this weekend and make the most of my time.

4. I rate myself a 4/5 this week. I have solidified my understanding of momentum. I also am very excited to get back to the classroom (and take the test).

5. This week I struggled with understanding some of the conceptual information from this chapter. I had a very solid foundation of knowledge, so I did very well on all of the problems. However, I had a lot of difficulty understanding the discussion style questions. After today, I feel like I have a much better understanding, but I am still worried about Tuesday’s test. Hopefully this will go well for everyone.

6. This week I rate myself a 4/5. At least for today. This week was pretty frustrating but today made a lot more sense. I am not sure if it was the excessive amount of coffee I had this morning or if today was just a good brain day, but today was fantastic! Im really glad that we had the help session this morning, it really did help. I’m nervous about a test on Tuesday, but I feel like the long weekend will give me pleanty of time to study.