Physics 10-1-20 Angular Projectile Motion

PHYSICS – So we are finally putting it all together – angular projectile motion! Here’s the lesson – some homework discussion and then angular projectile motion.

The number one thing to remember – Never use the resultant velocity to do more than find the vertical and horizontal components! And vertical is vertical, horizontal is horizontal and don’t ever mix the two!

Spoiler alert: I couldn’t stand leaving the monkey-hunter problem hanging, so I went ahead and finished it for you.

flickr photo by gpwarlow

6 thoughts on “Physics 10-1-20 Angular Projectile Motion

1. I rate myself a 3.5/5 this week. I have become much more comfortable with component vector addition, and I also did really well with projectile motion, although I struggled some with the conceptual side. I am not yet sure how I feel about angular projectile motion, but I have a feeling I am going to struggle with it at first. I was struggling to follow the train of thought behind the steps we were doing in the problems, and I think it was because I didn’t fully understand the conceptual material behind the problems. This weekend I am going to really drill myself on the conceptual side of things while also working the homework problems and extra problems if I struggle with the homework.

2. I rate myself a 4/5 this week. I have really enjoyed vectors. I like doing them mathmatically a lot better than graphically. I’m proud of myself for figuring out how to do them quickly. I didn’t rate myself a 5/5 because I didn’t get ahead on my work for this upcoming week. I am struggling a little bit on the homework due on Monday, but I think I just need to go back and make sure I understand what the problem is asking and how to get it. Overall, I had a pretty good week.

3. My triumph this week is with the concept of vectors. I have had no real problems with them so far and I hope I can keep that streak.

4. I rate myself a 3/5 this week. I’m pretty sure i understand everything we talked about in class, although this week kinda is muddled together in my head. My real determinant thus week wis that I haven’t been able to work ahead at all due to my busy schedule. This is really hurting me because my weekend is extremely packed and I have a lot of work I need to do not just in physics but in most of my classes. Hopefully next week I can stay on top of things better as this will help my stress level and sleep schedule.

5. My struggle this week was with time management. Although I didn’t miss any deadlines this week, I did not plan ahead enough to work ahead on my assignments, so I have more things required of me than I can feasibly do this weekend. I am very stressed, but I hope everything works out.

6. This week I had a triumph. I feel that vectors came really well and are making good sense. I didn’t entirely love doing graphical vector addition, but it was super useful for understanding conceptual vector addition. My preferred method is definitely component addition.