Physics 8-28-20 Cars, Swimmers, & Emily, etc., Velocity Problems

PHYSICS: Great job thinking through the problems today!

Remember a few things: You weren’t born knowing how to do these – give yourself a little time. On the really good ones, just one formula won’t work – begin with writing what your know. These are some of the hardest problems we’ll work in physics – not because the formulas are hard, but because knowing how to reason through them is so challenging.

You are doing a great job! Some good advice – go work them again! I promise, it will be good for you. Remember, don’t open the solutions you wrote in your notes! Try them without it!! If you have to, peek, but then don’t stop until you can work the entire problem through without looking!

Photo by Barbara Zandoval on Unsplash

2 thoughts on “Physics 8-28-20 Cars, Swimmers, & Emily, etc., Velocity Problems

1. This week I struggled a lot with getting frustrated, both with myself and others. After long stressful days, I would notice myself being snappish with my friends. I’m hoping to work on managing my stress better to keep myself from hurting the people I care about. I also got very frustrated with myself for struggling in both academics and other areas of my life. I’m going to work more on velocity problems to hopefully begin to understand them better. I also want to try to work ahead on my lab reports to keep myself from getting stressed in the future.

2. A struggle that I am having this week is remote learning. Remote learning is not at all the same as being in class, I am figuring out. Labs are going to be difficult because I will not be there to participate in them, so I am glad this week is not all labs, and we do not have any new ones to write up this week. I found out today that I am somehow more tired from being on Zoom than I am from actually being at school; I don’t know how that is possible, but it is unfortunatly true. Overall, I am not very excited about having to learn online, but I am very thankful for the vodcasts!! The vodcasts will be a life saver during this time. I miss my classmates and teacher dearly, and I can’t wait to be back in person!