61 thoughts on “Chemistry 2-19-20 Noble Gas Notation

1. This week I rate myslef a 7/10. I have not taken the best notes this week but I have been staying on top of my homework. I am also understanding the concepts we are going over in class pretty well.

2. I would rate myself a 4/5 because I’m understanding orbital notation better and I’ve been on top of my homework and notes.

3. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week. I feel like I’ve been taking good notes, and understanding how to do the notations. I’ve also been better at time management and homework

4. This week I would rate myself a 5/5 stars. I have understood everything we have learned up to this point really well. I think if I continue to study and take good notes I’ll make a good grade on my test.

5. This week I would rate myself a 5/5. I’ve been doing good with notes and understanding the lesson. I’ve also done my homework!

6. I would rate myself a 3/5 this week because I understood the information but it definitely took a while for me to get it. It wasn’t really hard, I just missed class on Friday so I had some catching up to do. I have also been getting better about being more efficient in writing notes.

7. This week I rate myself a 3/5 because while I am starting to understand everything we are doing in class and I’m doing my homework, I didn’t go back and watch Fridays vodcast until later in the week.

8. This week I would rate myself a 2 out of 5. I understand bits and pieces of what we’ve learned but I am not fully grasping the whole concept. I have watched several of the vodcasts over, but something is not clicking

9. I would rate myself a 2 out of 5 because i did not understand the lesson at all. I missed friday and i dont understand how to do the work. I watched the vodcast and i still dont get it at all. Im going to go to all the help sessions to understand it better.

10. this week I rate myself a 4/5. I have been paying attention and I understand what I am learning. I procrastinated on my homework on some days but I still got it done.

11. I would rate myself a five out of five this week because I think I did awesome at everything I tried this week, I completed all my homework and did all that I was assigned.

12. this week i would rate my self at a 2/5. the stuff we are doing in class is hard to understand. but i did do all my homework this week so that was good.

13. I would rate myself a 4/5 for this week. I gave myself this rating because I actually understand what we are doing in class, and I have been doing my homework. I just need to start studying for the test next week.

14. Ratings are difficult. My comprehension in this class has been better, focus is down, so thats like a plus 4, minus 1 in points. Then again, I actually listened to the vodcast in class and did the homework, so make that plus 3 for responsibility and I’m at a solid ~4/5, but if it were to be closer to my grade in here it would be a bit higher than a ~3/5.

15. This week i would give myself a 4/5 because i understood the material very well. I did forget to do one of my homework assignments but overall i did good this week.

16. This week I rate myself a 917371 out of 1000000. I am proud of myself for understanding the content we were given quickly so I didn’t have to ask many questions.

17. I would rate myself a 4 out of 5 this week. I did all of my work when I was supposed to and I understood everything. I wouldn’t say I was perfect but I did really well this week.

18. I would rate myself a 4/5 because I really understood what we learned this week. I caught on very quickly and actually enjoyed it.

19. I give myself a 4/5 for this week. I have been doing good understanding the section, and feel like I know almost everything. I feel like I did pretty good on the lab today, too. However, this week has been crazy and I have been a little forgetful.

20. This week I would rate myself a 4/5 because I really understood the new stuff we learned this week, and I also used the notes (specifically the Aufbau chart) to help me with the homework. Practicing problems on the boards in class also helps me feel more comfortable on how to do it.

21. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week because I think I understand what we learned really well. And I was able to complete my homework correctly and turn it in on time with the correct answers.

22. I’d rate myself a 4/5 this week. I feel like I understand orbital notation and I’ve been taking good notes all week.

23. This week I’d rate myself a 4/5 because I still need to wrap my head around what we’re learning. All the notations gets confusing to me over time. I’ll go back to the vodcasts to better understand our chapter.

24. This week I rate myself a 3/5. I have been getting work done and I understand the things we are learning such as noble gas notation and other, but I feel that I’m not getting enough practice and that when I do my homework, I might be making careless mistakes or doing problems the wrong way. The test is coming up soon, so I’ll go to help session and continue studying and practicing until I know how to do it all the correct way.

25. This week I rate myself a 4/5 because I got all my homework done and took good notes in class but I am still working to learn better.

26. I would rate myself this week a 4/5 this week because I have been on top of all my homework and I also I have made up all of my makeup work

27. This week I rate myself a 3/5. I did my homework for the most part and I actually took decent notes. I also think I’m understanding all the different notations.

28. This week I would rate myself 2/5 because I was lost in class. I am taking the time at home to try to understand everything we have learned to make a good score on the test.

29. This week, I rate myself a 4/5 because I understood the materials and took better notes. The thing I have to improve on is remembering the rules for the s,p, d, and f blocks and the deviant behavior rules.

30. I rate myself a 4/5. This is because I understood most, I only struggled with the chart while doing orbital notation. To excel at this I will get more practice.

31. This week I rate myself a 3/5 because I have I really understood the lessons and I am comprehending the electron configuration notation and noble gas notation however, there is always room for improvement. This week I have procrastinated some of my work which I am always trying to get better at not doing

32. I rate myself a 2/5 this week because I didn’t understand the lesson well, but i still tried my best and i’ll improve this by going back and rewatching the lesson

33. I rate myself a 3/5 this week. I understood what we learned in class but I still waited until the last minute to do my homework.

34. This eek I’d rate myself a 8 out of 10 due to the fact that I was able to complete homework and do it correctly the only reason why I rate myself an 8 and not higher is because I missed the las two days of the week.

35. I rate myself a 2 out of 5 this week. I couldn’t find my lan at the beginning of the week so my grade probably will drop, and I felt as thigh I was barely getting my homework done for class aside from Thursday dice we did it in class

36. I rate myself a 3 out of 5 this week. I stayed on top of my work and practiced the new material, but as you can see, I am doing my web post after the deadline.

37. Article: Surprise! Exam Scores benefit from months of regular sleep
    Topic: technology/brain

Scientists wanted an accurate way of sleep tracking rather than logging hours of sleep in a sleep tracker. Scientists turned to fit its and gave them to 100 students from Jeffrey Grossman’s engineering class. Scientists and Grossman looked at the sleep schedules at the end of the semester. The results were that the consistency of the number of hours of sleep a student gets is the most important factor to better performance. Sleep accounted for 24.4% of the difference in the students’ grades. Although the Fitbit may not have been 100% accurate, it was concluded that sleep is tied to performance.

38. Article: “This fundamental constant of nature remains the same even near a black hole.”
    Topic: Environment
    Scientists were wondering if the “Fine-structure Constant” remained the same even near a black hole, so they used their observations of five stars the cruise around the supermassive black hole at the center of the galaxy, and found that even near something as large as a black hole, the Fine-structure Constant holds true.

39. Article: “Do school-shooter drills hurt students more than they help?”
    Topic: Science and society
    Most U.S schools conduct drills on what to do if some intruder enters the premises with a gun. This article described how participation in school-shooter drills made students feel. Most students don’t take the possibility of a shooting seriously until it actually happens. While others believe it’s stupid because it doesn’t save you in the real situation. These drills may even cause emotional harm or teach you how to be prepared and give useful skills and short-term knowledge to use in a real crisis. Learning to be prepared in an uncertain world can be traumatizing, or it can be empowering. Schools shouldn’t overemphasize remote and unlikely dangers, but that doesn’t mean students can’t benefit from basic safety lessons.

40. SITN Summary
    Genetically engineered gut microbes have the potential to fight off the bee’s enemies. The microbes help increase the bee’s survival from varroa mites and from deformed wing virus. After a ten day period the bees are more likely to survive the mites and wing virus. Although these results are promising results, these bees/ gut microbes are not ready for the world and vice versa.