Hon Chemistry 2-13-20 Periodic Trends, Pt. 2

HON CHEMISTRY: Here’s the last of the trends – not car trends, periodic trends! 2nd ionization energy, electron affinity, ionic radii, and electronegativity. Whew!

We’ve finished the chapter! Don’t forget though that part of the first part of chapter is still important as you prepare for the test! A great way to review the Element Scavenger Hunt is watching the videos of elements from this chapter I mentioned earlier at periodicvideos.com. Very interesting(!), with tons of useful information!

The videos that would be great review from the s-block for the test are potassium, magnesium, and calcium.

The videos that would be great review for the p-Block are carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, fluorine, and chlorine. http://periodicvideos.com/

The videos that would be great review for d block are copper and mercury. And there are other interesting ones you might like to watch just for fun!

The videos that would be great review for the f-Block are neodymium, thorium, and uranium.

flickr photo by Infidelic

9 thoughts on “Hon Chemistry 2-13-20 Periodic Trends, Pt. 2

1. My struggle hs been remembering to od assignments. I do them, it’s just remembering what they’re about that I can’t grasp lately. I will try to review this test earlier so I won’t cram the night before.

2. My struggle this week was completing my assignments on time. I also had struggle going to bed at a reasonable hour so that I would be ready to learn at school. I overcame this struggle by using most of my spare time to complete homework.

3. Honestly, my struggle this week was getting to class on time. I am going to try not to procrastinate in the mornings and leave at a better time. Also, I am going to try to prepare more stuff the night before, so I am not so stressed out in the morning.

4. My struggle this week was the lab. I forgot to reread it before the lab on Monday because I read it on Friday. When I got to the lab I was unprepared because I ultimately forgot what we were exactly doing. Next time I will make sure I am fully prepared for the lab in order to prevent this from happening.

5. My struggle this week was that I would wait till 10:30 to do my homework and would finish it late, so I was tired in the mornings. I will improve on this by doing my homework immediately after I get home from baseball practice.

6. My struggle this week was most definitely the lab on Monday. I did not get good sleep the night before and to say I was on the struggle bus is an understatement. I almost caught myself on fire several times, got way too much hydrochloric acid, and used a TON of soap to clean up. Next time we have a lab, I will try to get better sleep so I’m not completely out of it during lab time.

7. My struggle this week was honestly just comprehending the material we learned in class because I was so tired. For some reason, nothing seemed to click in my brain and then that would stress me out and make it harder for me to pay attention. So, moving forward I will try to get as much rest as possible to help me stay focused during class and I will also try to NOT get stressed when I don’t fully understand something because then I just kind of spiral.

8. My struggle this week was finding time to do all of my homework and projects after my practices, and also remembering to bring everything I need to turn in. I really need to work on not forgetting to bring those things to school. My goal is to find a better method of remembering all of that with everything I have going on.

9. My struggle has been time management lately. I don’t get home until late most nights and I should have time to do my homework but I end up procrastinating until midnight to even start. I have also struggled with not being there this week and having to make up all my work on my own because learning is hard enough even when I’m actually in school.